Request for A925 and P900

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Isaac_A_Steiner

Request for A925 and P900

Post by Isaac_A_Steiner »

Okay, I hope I can make myself clear (please excuse my lousy english):

Version 0.6.1 I was using so far had a nice little feature for Monkey Island.

you might remember that from MI1 and on SCUMM "guessed" the most probale verb from the inventory, which you then had to "confirm" with your right mouse button.

Now, the Symbian version of Scummvm "simulates" these left and the right mouse button; you can only have one at a time. Thus, playing MI can get a little time consuming.

So, the 0.6.1 version (which was not written by our AnotherQuest) used a little trick: 2 times left button = 1 time right button

Could you all follow me that far?

So I miss THAT feature in the current version. It makes life as a pirate A LOT easier...

Best regards,
Isaac
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Ahh double klick as right button? I think it is kind of already used, but I can check that.
jumpjack

Post by jumpjack »

On a92x and a1000 we also have two more hardware buttons, Game A and Game B: currently, clicking Game A makes the application menu flashing for a short while, and then being deleted by the game screen: as menu is not actually needed, Game A could be properly remapped.
Game B appears completely unused, instead.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Again.. try to remap the 'B' button in the options menu. Btw.. it seems like the 'A' is linked to symbian menu button. Not sure how to override that. I guess I need an A1000 to test with. :-)
jumpjack

Post by jumpjack »

Anotherguest wrote:Again.. try to remap the 'B' button in the options menu. Btw.. it seems like the 'A' is linked to symbian menu button. Not sure how to override that. I guess I need an A1000 to test with. :-)
Can't find the menu you're talking about. I have 2 new FAQs for you :wink:

How can I remap keys?

Where could I find a detailed list of scummvm.ini parameters?

and

How can I delete a character on Symbian UIQ phones? (...once you have implemented it :wink: )