How to delete e char?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jumpjack

How to delete e char?

Post by jumpjack »

When saving a game, how can I delete a chracter in the saving name?
I have a Motorola a1000 (Symbian UIQ); I see the characters listed below, ma no DEL "characters"...
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well.. currently.. ehh.. I dont think *thinking* that is possible right now as I did n't include a delete on the mini keyboard. Can add that to the next version.

And could some one please move this topic to the Symbian section? :-)
jumpjack

Post by jumpjack »

Anotherguest wrote:Well.. currently.. ehh.. I dont think *thinking* that is possible right now as I did n't include a delete on the mini keyboard. Can add that to the next version.
Thanks a lot: I love saving a lot, and now each saving-slot contains 3-4 different names all stitched together... :roll:

Do you think you could also "sacrifice" other 8 pixels to add a second row of characters? I know that the "spare" 8 pixels of the 208 of UIQ screen are suitable to implement "keyboard" without covering screen... but I really think that loosing a small "belt" down in the screen would be better than using just first 10 letters to write names (scrolling the letters is really boring... :roll: )

...if you got a lot of spare time :roll: , you could even enable the CAMERA button to temporary display a bigger keyboard...

[developer-mode on]
I guess the ScummVM engine is no more just a SCUMM port, but several others engines have been added, right? I see it now supports other games besides Lucas' ones.
[developer-mode off]
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hmm what about a button in the 8 extrar pixels to activate/deactivate a second line perhaps!? That could work I guess. Best would be some kind of transperancy effect, but the keyboard is drawn by the app and the rest is just put on top or over.
jumpjack

Post by jumpjack »

Anotherguest wrote:Hmm what about a button in the 8 extrar pixels to activate/deactivate a second line perhaps!? That could work I guess. Best would be some kind of transperancy effect, but the keyboard is drawn by the app and the rest is just put on top or over.
It could be good, too.
Actually, rather than a second line, you could even display a full mini-qwerty keyboard, I guess: it would be lot more comfortable, and shouldn't be much more complex than adding a single line.

BTW... do yuo know that a1000 joystick is not correctly mapped? I do not use at all, actually... but if I move it UP, cursor moves to the UPPER part of the phone... which corresponds to RIGHT part of the screen, being the phone tilted 90° clockwise! :wink:
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well quite complex if I want to blend with the background since they are rather separated, and a properkeyboard would cover at least 50% of the screen. Not very funny when you want to see what you are typing.

And yes.. I know that the joystick is n't rotated buy you can remap it in options.
jumpjack

Post by jumpjack »

Anotherguest wrote:Well quite complex if I want to blend with the background since they are rather separated, and a properkeyboard would cover at least 50% of the screen. Not very funny when you want to see what you are typing.
You told about activate a single line: a full keyboard would be composed of just 3-4 lines (i.e. 32 of 208 pixel)! ;-)
And yes.. I know that the joystick is n't rotated buy you can remap it in options.
I guess you're talking about manual editing of scummvm.ini, as I can't see anything about remapping in scumm interface. :?:
I'll take a look to the file...