Broken Sword 1 on OSX - Crash after Intro Video

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

whoooaaahhhh

Broken Sword 1 on OSX - Crash after Intro Video

Post by whoooaaahhhh »

My problem is exactly what the header says. Right after the title Broken Sword 1 crashes. Any thoughts?
clem

Re: Broken Sword 1 on OSX - Crash after Intro Video

Post by clem »

whoooaaahhhh wrote:My problem is exactly what the header says. Right after the title Broken Sword 1 crashes. Any thoughts?
do you get any error message? which version are you using? there was a startup bug fixed in BS1 just today (but it wasn't fatal under windows). Also maybe the datafiles are corrupt, you could try to copy them again from CD

just guessing though, not enough info...
clem
whoooaaahhhh

Latest Version

Post by whoooaaahhhh »

I'm fairly certain I'm using the newest one, I just go it this week. I haven't used any subversion build though. I'm not getting any messages at all it just quits completely. I'm running 10.4.6 1.25Ghz G4 1.5 GB Ram, so I think I'm ok on the stats. Are there debug logs somewhere?
noob101

Post by noob101 »

My g4 used to crash right on startup when i was running scummvm version 7.x.x and above till the problem got fixed when the current 8.0.4 got released. Now i have no problems with broken sword.
Jimbob

Re: Broken Sword 1 on OSX - Crash after Intro Video

Post by Jimbob »

whoooaaahhhh wrote:My problem is exactly what the header says. Right after the title Broken Sword 1 crashes. Any thoughts?
Have a look at the console to see if any debug or error messages appear (Console is in /Applications/Utilities and click on console.log).