To: You. From: Release team. Subject: ScummVM 2.0.

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Awesome...
Mustrum

Post by Mustrum »

I now finished SQ6 German version with one minor bug.
https://bugs.scummvm.org/ticket/10379
and Screenhots
https://bugs.scummvm.org/ticket/10378

Thank you for the great 2.0 version. :)
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Vorph wrote:I came to wonder where the additional game data files (like lure.dat, kyra.dat etc.) can be downloaded from. They do not seem to be part of the installer and I can't find them on the downloads page, as metntioned on the readme either...

The same applies to the translations and themes, or did I miss something
On Windows those files are embedded in the scummvm.exe, so you don't see them as separate files. On macOS they are included in the ScummVM.app bundle. With other platforms they should be provided alongside the ScummVM executable.

If you are nevertheless missing those, they can be found at https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/tree ... ngine-data and https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/tree ... gui/themes.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Vorph wrote:Hello Guys,

congratulations on this great release. Your are doing an awesome job.

I came to wonder where the additional game data files (like lure.dat, kyra.dat etc.) can be downloaded from. They do not seem to be part of the installer and I can't find them on the downloads page, as metntioned on the readme either...

The same applies to the translations and themes, or did I miss something (maybe I am getting old... :shock: )

Regards,
Vorph
What platform isthis?

Those files should have been part of the install package as they are mandatory for some games...it would be bad if users have to go hunting for them after a release.
Vorph

Post by Vorph »

On Windows those files are embedded in the scummvm.exe, so you don't see them as separate files. On macOS they are included in the ScummVM.app bundle. With other platforms they should be provided alongside the ScummVM executable.
Thanks for the information,
I am running on windows, this makes it a lot more convenient

Regards,
Vorph
Mustrum

Post by Mustrum »

SQ6 German version is now finished playing with a major bug. Bug #10392
I played within Region 6 with a self compiled version without the Bitty Kitty / Barbie game glitch patch. (commit 4d7d769)

PQ4 screenhots are on #10393.
HappehLemons

Post by HappehLemons »

This is great news! Thank you everyone for all the hard work. Is Quest for Glory 4 running on a similar engine, and just proved to be incredibly problematic, or does it use a different engine then SCI 2.0?
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

HappehLemons wrote:This is great news! Thank you everyone for all the hard work. Is Quest for Glory 4 running on a similar engine, and just proved to be incredibly problematic, or does it use a different engine then SCI 2.0?
Wiki states it's SCI32 and it's being worked on
Shadow

Re: To: You. From: Release team. Subject: ScummVM 2.0.

Post by Shadow »

So many thanks for this good version :D I played an my old iBook G3 Full Throttle, Monkey Island 1+2, Day of the Tentacle and Fate of Atlantis without Errors or problems. Next time I start with the Sierra Games, great!

Keep up your good work