Woodruff and the Schnibble - is it possible to finish it?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

khim

Woodruff and the Schnibble - is it possible to finish it?

Post by khim »

It looks as if it's impossible to talk to the Beast at the end of the game.

I have tried doxbox with Windows 3.1 installed - and that worked fine thus I know data file is not corrupt.

Any ideas?
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

khim: Not sure, but the game _should_ be completable. However, the last time I played it, I got stuck getting the Master's Powers. The game scripts appear to be pretty buggy, even when running under the original interpreter :/

I would suggest checking a walkthrough and if this does appear correct, please file a bug at bugs.scummvm.org and we can see if we can work out the cause / buggy script and patch at some point.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

khim

Post by khim »

I was able to obtain master's powers just fine. I'm stuck literally on the very last screen.

Also: the bug looks exactly the same as in very first CD prints of Woodruff (unfortunatelly I no longer have that CD).

You need to talk to the Beast (which is supposed to posess Woodruff), but that's impossible for some reason.

I think bug is in the game but altered version of Woodruff.exe includes some kind of patch for that scene to make it passable.

https://bugs.scummvm.org/ticket/10714
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Thanks. I can replicate your issue from that savegame, though not sure why the game state is doing that. It is possible to investigate the game scripts using the CTRL-F5 debug console and the scummvm-tools degob tool, but that would be quite involved.