Goblins 3 CD assistance. Want to use the floppy music.

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

RetroJaro

Goblins 3 CD assistance. Want to use the floppy music.

Post by RetroJaro »

I pretty much like everything on goblins 3 CD except the music. The floppy music is much more appealing to me. Is there a way to get the floppy music working on the CD version or am I boned?
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Don't think so. I agree with you, though. The floppy music is way better.

I remember discovering that there was a CD talkie version of Gob3 and getting all excited, but alas it seems that none of the Coktel Vision CD versions of their games have even remotely the same soundtracks as their floppy counterparts. Bizarre. I was surprised when I played the floppy version of Lost in Time for the first time and was treated to wildly different music than the CD-ROM edition, which is what we always had.
RetroJaro

Post by RetroJaro »

Maybe someone will make a high res music pack for this game that uses the floppy music instead. I can only hope.
Collector

Post by Collector »

Both the voices and music are part of same big CDA track on the disc.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Only way to do it would be to rip the redbook audio track as WAV, go in and edit the giant track and replace the exact spots where there is music with digital recordings of the floppy Adlib soundtrack. But then, the different levels might repeat different tracks than the floppy version does so it might not be able to be 100% exact.