The Ending Has Not Yet Been Written!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rootfather
ScummVM Lead

The Ending Has Not Yet Been Written!

Post by rootfather »

We are very happy to announce that our friends at Cyan, Inc. released their 25th Anniversary Collection of the Myst series today as digital download on GOG.com.
Myst — Masterpiece Edition and Riven — The Sequel to Myst are powered by ScummVM, while Myst III — Exile is driven by ResidualVM.

In the last couple of weeks, both the Cyan and the ScummVM teams have made great strides to improve game compatibility. Due to intense testing, we have already managed to fix most issues that were present in ScummVM and ResidualVM. However, due to the nature of software development, it's still possible that we missed something, so we need your help now.

While we can fix issues in the GOG.com versions of the games at a later date with a simple update, this won't be possible for the upcoming Collector's Edition on DVDs, so we need to make sure that we have fleshed out any bugs before the DVDs are manufactured.

So, please grab a copy from GOG.com or if you were a backer in the Kickstarter campaign, redeem your code. Visit Myst Island, roam through Age 233, have a nice stay in Releeshan and report any issue you can find to our Bug Tracker.

And please... bring me the blue pages!
MrPunchy

Post by MrPunchy »

But can we try the games without buying them again?

Are the changes included in the latest versions of scummvm?

PD: Will the DVDs be only in English or will they bring more languages?
rootfather
ScummVM Lead

Post by rootfather »

Hi MrPunchy,

yes, if you already own the games, you can test the latest updates with the current daily build/developer version since the changes we initially made for the Myst 25 Edition are now available in the master branch.

We don't have official confirmation regarding the DVDs yet, but personally, I'm absolutely positive that all languages that are available as digital download now (or even more that *might* get added in the future…) will be available on the DVDs too.
MusicallyInspired

Re: The Ending Has Not Yet Been Written!

Post by MusicallyInspired »

rootfather wrote:Visit Myst Island, roam through Age 233, have a nice stay in Releeshan and report any issue you can find to our Bug Tracker.
You don't actually ever get to see Releeshahn let alone visit it in Exile. Also, you spelled it wrong.

I am disappoint.

:P
rootfather
ScummVM Lead

Re: The Ending Has Not Yet Been Written!

Post by rootfather »

MusicallyInspired wrote:
rootfather wrote:Visit Myst Island, roam through Age 233, have a nice stay in Releeshan and report any issue you can find to our Bug Tracker.
You don't actually ever get to see Releeshahn let alone visit it in Exile. Also, you spelled it wrong.

I am disappoint.

:P

Fixed :)
MrPunchy

Post by MrPunchy »

I have found a bug (a crash) in the gog version of MYST ME, as my English is not very good I have recorded a video to show it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVve_iNHEt4

Windows 7 Home Premium 64
Game language: Spanish.

Thanks for translate the ME to Spanish :)
dafioram

Post by dafioram »

If this is reproducible can you report it to https://bugs.scummvm.org/?
MrPunchy

Post by MrPunchy »

I've reported it, could someone check it to see if it's okay?

https://bugs.scummvm.org/ticket/10704#ticket
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

MrPunchy: Have checked it over. Looks fine. Will post any further updates on the bug artifact. Thanks for reporting this.