Glitched on Starship Titanic

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

thejason40

Glitched on Starship Titanic

Post by thejason40 »

I'm so close to the end of the game but I can't get any further because my save seems to have glitched. I was talking to the barbot, saved the game, went somewhere else and realised id forgotten something from the bar so I loaded it back up and the barbot was glitching out. I can't move away from the bar because I think the game is waiting for barbot to get back to his resting position, so I just get an endless eggtimer.

I was playing this on RaspberryPi (with RetroPie) but I've also transferred the save data to pc to see if it would work any better on there but it's the same.

Video of barbot glitching: https://youtu.be/s-q9xjv1Upg

Any ideas on how I can get unstuck would be appriciated. I really don't want to have to start again, I'm pretty sure that piece of Titania behind the bar is the last one I need.
dafioram

Post by dafioram »

I can provide a save at the barbot with the inventory items up to that time.

Are you sure you have all items except the barbot item? There is another item that players usually get last.
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

What you've experienced is known about; it was reported once see here, but unfortunately, to fix it I'd need a savegame from before the problem happened, and a way to replicate the problem.. a savegame from when it's already happened wasn't sufficient.

Anyway, to get around the problem, at least using a PC, you can press Ctrl+C to open up the original game's Cheats dialog. As well as a quick way to teleport around the ship, it has a secondary "Puzzle Cheats" screen that will let you get the remaining component you need.
thejason40

Post by thejason40 »

dreammaster wrote:What you've experienced is known about; it was reported once see here, but unfortunately, to fix it I'd need a savegame from before the problem happened, and a way to replicate the problem.. a savegame from when it's already happened wasn't sufficient.

Anyway, to get around the problem, at least using a PC, you can press Ctrl+C to open up the original game's Cheats dialog. As well as a quick way to teleport around the ship, it has a secondary "Puzzle Cheats" screen that will let you get the remaining component you need.
Brilliant, that worked a treat. I was able to teleport away, come back and the barbot was back to normal (normal for Starship Titanic anyway). I've now been able to complete the game for the first time. Thank you very much for your help.