Woodruff and the Schnibble- No VMD

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Firefairy

Woodruff and the Schnibble- No VMD

Post by Firefairy »

I have, over the years, run into this problem repeatedly, fixed it, then forgotten the solution by the time I need to configure a new SCUMMVM setup. The game files are in precisely the same state that worked before, so I am pretty sure I am missing a config option somewhere. Planning to paste a note with my game files this time.

I am configuring Woodruff and the Schnibble to work with the version of SCUMMVM included with LaunchBox (it's up to date at 2.0.0, first thing I checked) under Windows 10, and the game works fine-ish, except that the VMD "scenes" aren't playing, as far as I can tell. The opening cutscene plays both animation and voice/sound, and sound (such as the footsteps when Woodruff walks) plays once the cutscene is over, but the interactions are missing.

Anyone remember the solution to this one?
Firefairy

Post by Firefairy »

In case someone else is having the same problem- it appears that copying from computer to computer had finally corrupted the files. I am in the process of digging out all my old game disks and doing clean pulls of the files to my shiny new drive just for games, and now it's working fine. Sorry to have bothered anyone.