Monkey Island petition

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Spiketheclown

Monkey Island petition

Post by Spiketheclown »

Hi everyone, I just found this petition for Disney to sell the rights to Monkey Island to Ron Gilbert so that he could make HIS Monkey Island 3. It has almost 15000 signatures, and has already been covered by some gaming websites:

https://www.change.org/p/disney-please- ... on-gilbert
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Please stop with the petitions that do nothing.....we get one twice a year now for Monkey Island. Even Ron Gilbert asked people to stop.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Yes, haven't you realized yet that Disney doesn't care about fans?
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

Raziel wrote:Yes, haven't you realized yet that Disney doesn't care about fans?
Not exactly. I know at least one case when they did care. There is the older German dubbing for Arielle. A track they always said, they didn't want to use anymore, but fans asked a lot for it. And it ended up on the Blu-Ray as a bonus.

Though listening to fans and giving up their IP are some very different things. I'm not aware that Disney ever did the latter.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

@LogicdeLuxe

I remember that, it was only 2.0 Surround by the time of the original release iirc.

But didn't Austrian fans also asked for the (originally released) Austrian speech and didn't get it?

Then again, maybe i'm mixing things up again