Space Quest Logos Custom Wallpaper (1080p/1440p/4k)

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MusicallyInspired

Space Quest Logos Custom Wallpaper (1080p/1440p/4k)

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Over the past few months I've been working on (up to 4k resolution) desktop wallpaper designs of the various Space Quest logos because I love Space Quest, I love its art direction, and I love that font especially with the perspective slant. But SQ1's red and blue logo is the best logo of the entire series.

I've been posting them around on various Sierra GB groups and Twitter but thought some of you might be interested here as well. You can find them all on my DeviantArt site. Each of these designs have a few variations and all of them are in 1080p, 1440p, and 4k.

Space Quest I Logo (2 variations)

Space Quest II Logo (10 variations)

Space Quest III In-Game Logo (6 variations)

Space Quest III Box Logo (Updated!)

After making these someone requested one that resembled the SQ3 manual cover. It wasn't much extra work so I threw it together.
Space Quest III Manual Logo

Space Quest IV Logo (2 variations)

Space Quest V Logo (2 variations)

Space Quest 6 classic wallpaper recreation (2 variations)
Last edited by MusicallyInspired on Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:48 am, edited 6 times in total.
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

Nice work. I too think the art from the era is great :)
MusicallyInspired

Thank you! Next up is Space Quest IV. I stuck with the VGA version logo. Obviously a wallpaper can't have cycling palette colours but man wouldn't that be amazing in 4k? I also have a variation with the classic Space Quest font. Available in 4k/1440p/1080p as usual.

Space Quest IV Logo Wallpaper (DeviantArt)

tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

Nice work!
MusicallyInspired

Re: Space Quest Logos Custom Wallpaper (1080p/1440p/4k)

I finally finished Space Quest V! And I'm quite happy with the way it turned out. It comes in two variations: with the comet, and without the comet. Available on my DeviantArt page:
https://www.deviantart.com/musicallyins ... -wallpaper

With Comet:
Without Comet:

Original Screenshot (hard to time it with the comet lol but that's in the game too :) ):
MusicallyInspired

Re: Space Quest Logos Custom Wallpaper (1080p/1440p/4k)

Space Quest 6 classic wallpaper recreated from scratch in 4k, 1440p, and 1080p (the original was 1024x768). With and without the subtext.

https://www.deviantart.com/musicallyinspired/art/Space-Quest-6-Green-4k-816350449