ScummVM crashes when adding games on MAC OS

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

blacklava

ScummVM crashes when adding games on MAC OS

Post by blacklava »

Hi guys, I'm facing this issue since I installed the latest version. When I click on the "add game" button, and then choose the folder, the arrow freezes on the "add game" button. I can only close Scumm. I had two games on the list since my previous version, and they work well. Tried to uninstall scumm (and preferences files) and install an older version, but I get the same issue. I'm on El Capitan with a MacBook, but always used ScummVm with no issues at all.
Thanks in advance!
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

It probably won’t help you much to find a way to make it work, but this issue has already been discussed on another thread.
blacklava

Post by blacklava »

criezy wrote:It probably won’t help you much to find a way to make it work, but this issue has already been discussed on another thread.
Thank you, at least now I know that 1.8.0 is still working, I've just tried it right now. If there's something I can do to help discover the cause of this bug, please let me know.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Indeed, you can switch to version 1.8.0 to add the games, and once they are added, you can switch back to version 2.0.0.

That would not help to play games that were not yet supported in version 1.8.0 though. To add those you could use the command line. And once they have been added you can start ScummVM as normal and play the games.
  1. Open Terminal.app
  2. Type /Applications/ScummVM.app/Contents/MacOS/scummvm -p /path/to/game/directory --add and press Enter to add all the games in the specified path. You may need to adapt the path to ScummVM.app depending where you copied it on your disk.
There are more options to the command line. Use --help to list those.

I am still trying to understand what could be wrong and how to fix the issue with the more recent versions. But I don't have much luck so far. :cry: