Real MT-32 not working in SCI games?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Sunfox

Real MT-32 not working in SCI games?

Post by Sunfox »

This one has me stumped. SCUMMVM is controlling my real MT-32 (through Roland's USB to MIDI adapter) for SCUMM games just fine.

But whenever I play a SCI game, like Space Quest III or King's Quest IV, I just get AdLib emulation using the exact same audio settings.

And yet, playing those games through DOSBOX has MT-32 audio working just fine.

What am I missing here?

(Using latest official v2)
Sunfox

Post by Sunfox »

Hmm, I think I've figured it out.

Despite the MIDI and MT32 pages already being configured correctly, I also had to change the "preferred audio device" on the global settings page (referred to more specifically as the "music device" on game-specific settings) from "default" to the MIDI adapter ("UM-ONE").

This doesn't need to be done for SCUMM games - MT32 is selected automatically using "default".

When launching through D-Fend, this also requires a manual setting being added to the profile for it to work:

music_driver=windows_UM-ONE

As this setting isn't exposed in the GUI.
Varsham

Post by Varsham »

Previously when my Note 8 was on Android 7.0 the ScummVM app had been working just fine however as I have updated to Android 8.0 the app is constantly crashing on the start up. Any idea how to fix it?

Update: As I have deleted and reinstalled the ScummVM app it's working fine again :)

Varsham
Showbox Mobdro Tutuapp