Which games would you like to be supported on the future?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Maveric

Re: Which games would you like to be supported on the future?

Post by Maveric »

I would like ScummVM to support Ripley’s Believe It or Not!: The Riddle of Master Lu.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Maveric: There is already some work on that... MADSv4 / M4: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/M4
Maveric

Post by Maveric »

digitall wrote:Maveric: There is already some work on that... MADSv4 / M4: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/M4
Good. I hope I will be able to play it soon.
Serious Callers Only
Got a warning

Post by Serious Callers Only »

I'd like some newer versions of some games supported. Newer and older i guess.

Journey Project Pegasus prime apparently has a enhanced pc version. Scummvm only supports the mac version.. Sold at steam and gog.

The other is lost eden which apparently had several dos versions that aren't in the scummvm database. Including the gog re-releases, though those aren't exactly the same (different md5). I'm not going to report them because i don't exactly own them (my copy way back when in 1995 was a pirate cd from 'a guy') and don't want to spread misinformation, but it's not like it's 10 bucks too badly spent if someone wants to try to report the gog.

I'd also like the last express engine to be finished, though there is always dosbox.

Oh and cosmology of kyoto and other macromedia creator games made first class citizens with bug report pages instead if 'may work, won't scan'.

Finally ags has a supper respectable lineup and the terrible habit of stuffing games in autoextractors/installers. I know there is a ags engine already that does good work, but more grist to the adventure mill.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Serious Callers Only wrote:Finally ags has a supper respectable lineup and the terrible habit of stuffing games in autoextractors/installers. I know there is a ags engine already that does good work, but more grist to the adventure mill.
You probably mean Wintermute?

AGS doesn't have an engine in-tree (yet).
There is one out of tree but that is laying dormant for a while now.
Serious Callers Only
Got a warning

Raziel wrote:
Serious Callers Only wrote:Finally ags has a supper respectable lineup and the terrible habit of stuffing games in autoextractors/installers. I know there is a ags engine already that does good work, but more grist to the adventure mill.
You probably mean Wintermute?

AGS doesn't have an engine in-tree (yet).
There is one out of tree but that is laying dormant for a while now.
Well, that one was more of a 'expectation'. Considering the staggering number of games made for it, many fairly recent commercial ones (Wadjet Eye Games mostly) and many quality freeware ones, it seems like a nice target. Though, yes as far as i can tell, the devs of ags itself complain about hacky legacy code, so i'm sure it would be painful.

Scummvm penchant for making runtime script patches would probably be helpful to remove the more obnoxious examples of compatibility with trash ideas (steam achievements plugin being a easy one, rain 'plugin' etc).

Speaking of games which aren't on the repo yet, i'd like a Bad Mojo engine, since that game has two versions and the more recent one is very much better because of higher bits per-pixel on the movies... but i wonder if it's 'actually' new movies or just not using a dumb windows 3.11 api.
odin

Post by odin »

Id like this game to be supported im a sucker for FMV point and click adventure games, it seems to even have some bugs in dosbox (like certain key menus get messed up graphics)

"Ripper"
Black Delilah
-
some other suggestions would be the
Wing Commander series
Tex Murphy series
Battlezone 1 & 2.
Runaway (series)
Mustrum

Post by Mustrum »

Strangerke wrote:Mutation of JB is in standby, but it wasn't released in English so it may be a problem at some point (Polish and German only?). Same for Bazooka Sue.
Are there now better chances of adding additional subtitles for the two games?
sawyer700

Post by sawyer700 »

I'd love to play:

Sherlock Holmes: The Silver Earring
Star Trek 25Th Anni.
Star Trek Judgment Rites.
Star Trek A Final Unity.
Guilty.
Innocent Until Caught.
The Orion Conspiracy ,

on ScummVm .apk. Maybe one day in the future?

:lol:
Serious Callers Only
Got a warning

odin wrote: Black Delilah
-
Black Dahlia can be installed and run no-cd on dosbox actually (with a loooot of work, a windows 95 hd image, a dosbox custom patch for larger hd images, creating those images and fdisk and format them in dosbox running your windows image, and mount outside and copy the files (after installing in wine) to the inside (mounting windows formated images in linux is actually tricky because you have to skip some amount of header bytes i don't remember), then finally boot the new image files in dosbox 'raw' format).

Unfortunately, because dosbox running windows 95 doesn't have support for mounting a native directory and be recognized on windows, this is actually useless for sharing the data.

Also it's easy to get the image corrupted by shutting down improperly (i get around that with a 'copy on write' filesystem in linux but that's because linux is awesome about giving the user power)

Maybe someday something like ReactOS or wine can be installed on QEMU or something and share dirs. It's very disappointing that there isn't a 'winebox' project that puts wine on a emulator and pretends that scandisk, format, and similar system filesystem things simply don't exist and use the native one instead of slavishly developing a whole new OS to run on hardware. A 'windows box' if you will. It would also be neat if it could run single (game) process when possible (like wine) instead of trying to support a entire desktop and multiple apps by default.

Of course you can say 'just use wine' but the point is to make it available to other platforms.

It's actually pretty simple for this game to run no cd
" just copy the folders P1A -> P6B, direct to game folder. Then edit the bd.ini file in game folder and change the section under [DRIVES] change path1...path13 to the gamefolder itself. "
sawyer700

Post by sawyer700 »

Alpha Polaris starts opening...runs slow. than nothing,it hangs forever. ScummVm 2.0.0 from site dwnload
Threepwood

Post by Threepwood »

Now that ScummVM has been opend to RPG games:

- Bard's Tale (I, II & III)
- Realms of Arkania Trilogy (Das schwarze Auge - Die Nordland-Trilogie)
filipetolhuizen

Post by filipetolhuizen »

Loved to see that work is being done for the Star Trek games. Always loved those.
enderandrew

Post by enderandrew »

Threepwood wrote:Now that ScummVM has been opend to RPG games:

- Bard's Tale (I, II & III)
- Realms of Arkania Trilogy (Das schwarze Auge - Die Nordland-Trilogie)
inXile is making "classic" remasters of the Bard's Tale trilogy.
philthethrill

Post by philthethrill »

I would like to see these games:

-The Adventures of Valdo and Marie
- Gilbert Goodmate and the Mushroom of Phungoria
-The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Serrated Scalpel (3DO)
-the TKKG series
-the Zoombinis series
-the Super Solver and Super Seekers series from the Learning Company
-Candyland Adventure from Hasbro
-Mr. Potato Head Saves Veggie Valley
-Play-Doh Creations
-the EA*Kids games (Counting on Frank,Eagle Eye Mysteries and Eagle Eye Mysteries in London, and those interactive stories with the paintbox pals)
-the Carmen San Diego series
-Oregon Trail series
-Clifford the Big Red Dog Thinking Adventures
-Madeline's European Adventures and Madeleine and the Magnificent Puppet Show
-Schoolhouse Rock series