A version for symbian 3rd edition?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Suaves

A version for symbian 3rd edition?

Post by Suaves »

Hi all:

I would like to know if there will be a new version for scumm for this devices, i have a N80 and I would like to play with this mobile.

Regards
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I guess you did n't read the
"SVN Build updated" post. And to get those sis files working you need to get a dev. cert from Symbian signed and sign it for your own phone.
Suaves

Post by Suaves »

Anotherguest wrote:I guess you did n't read the
"SVN Build updated" post. And to get those sis files working you need to get a dev. cert from Symbian signed and sign it for your own phone.
Thanks Anotherguest, what it's necesary to get a dev.cert?, can I get by easily by myself for testing the application at home?

Thanks a lot
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Just register at
1. www.symbiansigned.com
2. Download the certificate tool
3. Create cert for your phone (csr file)
4. Download .cer file from www.symbiansigned using the generate csr file.
5. Use the Nokia S60V3 SDKtool signsis to sign the sisfile
Syntax is signsis in.sis out.sis cerfile.cer cerfile.key mypassword

This creates the sis file out.sis which can be installed on your phone. Scummvm as such does not require any capabilities, but the Nokia N80 only accepts signed sis files, where as the P990 prompts the user before installing such a file.

I will investigate selfsigning as a way to make the sis files installable without going through symbiansigned. I dont think Symbian has thought through the impact of signed apps in the freeware area. Should I supply them with all games which Scummvm support before testing, since each game might behave differently?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hi! I need this self signed sis file tested on a Nokia S60 V3 device.
http://www.anotherguest.k0.se/cvsbuilds ... r_test.sis

I have used createsis to create a selfsigned sis. If this works, this is all I have to do , to make the file installable.
Suaves

Post by Suaves »

Woww :D ....it worked Anotherguest

I have installed your S60V3_Installer_test.sis
in a N80, and the installation was sucessfull. :D

Yesterday I downloaded the programs you said me, for doing myself the test, but I had a problem with certificate tool and a mfc42d.dll :?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Great new. Then I just have to self-sign the sis files for it to work. Will be doing that in the future. This version was just a clean, no games supported, to be tested for installation purposes only.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I have just uploaded signed versions of the sis files. Hopefully they should work better now. :-)
Suaves

Post by Suaves »

You are the best Anotherguest :wink: , i have installed the new signed version and it runs.

When I was trying to launch i got an error and I have created manually this directory 'c:\shared\scummvm'

I have tested 3 games, indy and the fate of atlantis, sam & max and day of tentacle and they run ok, with a good graphics and sound.

I have a question about resolution, i have changed with 0+2, but is not full screen in N80, can I ajust the resolution to fullscreen?

Great work Anotherguest :D

Regards.

EDITED:

This is a screenshot how i'm viewing the screen:

http://img45.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc ... ot0008.jpg
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hmm I just thought it was going to use a private path in c:\private\appuid instead of the shared. But seems like that has n't been activated somehow.

I have to check that.

As for the screenresolution. Most games are only 320x200, so currently I dont do any stretching for S60 devices which support 352x416, so that would make game not fill the screen completly. So you are getting the full resolution but just the stretch which I am thinking of how to enable. I.e stretch no stretch. or fit to screen perhaps. Well. So I thought the N80 was running at 240x320.. but I am not 100% clear about the specs for that phone. :-)

So just more improvements has to be done.
Suaves

Post by Suaves »

Ok, thanks Anotherguest, we'll wait for new releases then. If you need to test something or you have any questions about the phone let me know.

Regards.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

So on my calculations a stretch for 416x352 devices should give a picture at 416x260 (Scalefactor by 1.3). But I guess I could stretch 1.3 in X and 1,76 in Y to give a full screen. Proportions would be wrong though.. so a 1,5 in Y and 1,3 X would be too bad witha resolution of 416x300 then
goetz

Nokie E60 and ScummVM

Post by goetz »

Hi Anotherguest,

I did not find a topic or place where to submit status reports, so I'll post it here. :-(

I tried your scummvm-only SNV build for S60v3 (2006-05-06) on my new Nokia E60. It installs and runs nicely.

Zoomed portrait: The 320x240 fit into the 352x416, so everything is show, but a bit stamp-like. :-) Fun to play DOTT with sound (but without *.sou, which I did not install). The other game I checked, Loom, also runs smoothly.

Landscape: The screen is displayed at the left border, while the redraw (mouse cursor move) seems to take place screen centered, so when moving the cursor the screen gets messed up.

My conclusion: Good work, should not be too far away until ScummVM fully supports this device. As stated in this thread, maybe a bigger zoom mode would be nice. :-)

- Goetz
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Thanks for the input. I will try to get the stretch mode in as soon as I can. As for the different modes. Well. there are so many. .The combination of resolutions and orientations makes me abit dizzy. :-) But of course Landscape 400x300 should work. :-) I will se how I can fix that.