WinAGI compatibility

AGI, SCI, Wintermute, Sludge engines fangame creation discussion

Moderators: ScummVM Team, AGI moderators

GeorgeQGreg

WinAGI compatibility

Post by GeorgeQGreg »

Well, I had created an account on a certain other forum to ask this, but apparently you have to be manually approved before you can log in, so I guess I'll see if anyone here knows first, and if not then oh well who cares.

So, I've gotten WinAGI to work on an old Windows XP computer, works alright, seems like a decent program. But when I use it on Windows 7, I get strange compiler errors when compiling the test game, and pictures and musics I create don't save. Strangely, iirc, this behaviour happens on Wine too. (Luckily there, QT AGI Studio at least seems to work as intended on modern distros, minus some display issues in the code editor.)

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I hear it works on newer Windows versions for other people. If not, oh well, especially because...

Does anyone know if it's intended to work on Windows 95/98? Yes seriously. Why? Well, I was thinking it would be cool to make a game on an actual old DOS (/Windows 9x) PC. I tried getting it running on Windows 98 but nothing seems to happen at all, but I might have screwed up the VB runtime.
Collector

Post by Collector »

If you are talking about sciprogramming, what is the name you registered? I only see three awaiting and two of them are spammers.
GeorgeQGreg

Post by GeorgeQGreg »

Collector wrote:If you are talking about sciprogramming, what is the name you registered? I only see three awaiting and two of them are spammers.
Obscurenforeign.
Collector

Post by Collector »

I activated it.
GeorgeQGreg

Post by GeorgeQGreg »

Thanks. As you probably guessed already, I specifically wanted to post there in the hopes of getting an answer from WinAGI's author, who I only recently discovered returned to the community.
GeorgeQGreg

Post by GeorgeQGreg »

Well, if anyone's wondering (hello) I got a response from Andrew Korson. I have a feeling this will turn out rather educational for the both of us. (What can say, have me test your software! :D)

If you want to find the thread... it probably won't be very hard. It's one of the only active threads on the site. I... certainly know the feeling of a mostly-dead forum... oh well... (goes to yell at a cloud filled with social media)
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I go there all the time, but I just don't have anything new to say at the moment lol. I don't have time to devote to my many SCI projects lately...every once in a while somebody will say something that sparks discussion. It's not really dead. Just quiet. Everyone's still there.
Collector

Post by Collector »

Yep.