syntax to send multiple game folders to PS2HDD pfsshell-0.2a

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PlayStation 2 port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

morpheous
Banned

syntax to send multiple game folders to PS2HDD pfsshell-0.2a

Post by morpheous »

What's the command to send multiple ScummVM game folders to my PS2hdd? I'm using CMD in admin mode.
MrPunchy

Post by MrPunchy »

Use Ulaunchelf, is a file explorer for ps2.
morpheous
Banned

Post by morpheous »

Yeah, i am using UlaunchELF now. I was trying to avoid sending folders via the USB method, being its so slow. ^_^

I had no choice... I guess PFSSHELL isn't capable to send directory folders. :cry:
UniqueUserName

Post by UniqueUserName »

uLE (PS2-side) is not limited to USB...

Attach an Ethernet cable to your PS2HDDs Network Adaptor and use RadHostClient (PC-side) to import/export through uLEs "HOST:" option. :)

That should improve your speeds way more than just a few hundred percent. ;)

Enjoy!
morpheous
Banned

Post by morpheous »

PS2 network speeds are not much faster than USB 1.1 but i have no choice. :(
UniqueUserName

Post by UniqueUserName »

I dont know whom lied to you, but that just isnt correct at all... lmao!

USB = KBps
LAN = MBps

You may want to do a few tests lol.
morpheous
Banned

Post by morpheous »

which HDL sever version do you use?
UniqueUserName

Post by UniqueUserName »

None lol...
You cant use them for what were talking about anyways.

However, during testing, previously I have used...
HDL Dump Helper GUI ( v2.3-V2 )...
...and...
HDL Dumb/Dump ( v0.9.2 )...
...with...
PS2 IP: 192.168.0.10
...Good results.

To answer your question more directly and elaborate, I dont use any (unless you count anything internal to the homebrews Ive previously been discussing)...

If I were to transfer PS2-Games, I would directly-connect the Internal Hard Drive with my PC and average 48MBps with WinHIIP (PC-Side)...
If I were to transfer Non-PS2-Games (like weve been talking about), I would use the setup I previously posted in the thread were in...
Unique User Name wrote:uLE (PS2-side) is not limited to USB...

Attach an Ethernet cable to your PS2HDDs Network Adaptor and use RadHostClient (PC-side) to import/export through uLEs "HOST:" option. :)

Enjoy!
Keep in mind uLE can not-only see the contents of your PFS/APA (Not FAT32, nor NTFS) internal-PS2-drive format (which your PC cant view, let-alone alter), but it can transfer said contents in either direction...
...Quickly...
Test a PS1-sized-game for transfer comparisons in time/speed...
About 700MB sent through each transfer method (both USB and LAN) during testing should speak for itself (whether there is a big difference in speed/time)...
LAN wins by a landslide lol.

If I were to play PS2-Games, I would use OPL ( v0.9.3 )...
If I were to play Non-PS2-Games/Homebrew, I would use OPLv0.8 (if OPLv0.9.3 failed to boot it or play properly)...
The latter reason being, the age of most PS2-homebrew versus the PS2SDK most-likely used in that era.

Incidentally, I launch everything I have through OPL, always, except during testing.
It makes for a sweet Frontend (One-Stop UI) when launched directly into the APPS menu (with HDD/USB/ETH lists of games just a few left-clicks away).
;)
morpheous
Banned

Post by morpheous »

UniqueUserName wrote:None lol...

...and...
...with...
...Good results.

To answer your question more directly and elaborate, I dont use any (unless you count anything internal to the homebrews Ive previously been discussing)...

If I were to transfer PS2-Games, I would directly-connect the Internal Hard Drive with my PC and average 48MBps with WinHIIP (PC-Side)...
If I were to transfer Non-PS2-Games (like weve been talking about), I would use the setup I previously posted in the thread were in...

Enjoy!
Keep in mind uLE can not-only see the contents of your PFS/APA (Not FAT32, nor NTFS) internal-PS2-drive format (which your PC cant view, let-alone alter), but it can transfer said contents in either direction...
...Quickly...
About 700MB sent through each transfer method (both USB and LAN) during testing should speak for itself (whether there is a big difference in speed/time)...

If I were to play Non-PS2-Games/Homebrew, I would use OPLv0.8 (if OPLv0.9.3 failed to boot it or play properly)...
The latter reason being, the age of most PS2-homebrew versus the PS2SDK most-likely used in that era.

Incidentally, I launch everything I have through OPL, always, except during testing.
It makes for a sweet Frontend (One-Stop UI) when launched directly into the APPS menu (with HDD/USB/ETH lists of games just a few left-clicks away).
;)
morpheous
Banned

Post by morpheous »

UniqueUserName wrote:None lol...

...and...
...with...
...Good results.

Enjoy!
...Quickly...

;)
I tried to setup SCummvm to launch from the OPL APPS Tab awhile ago and wasn't successful. As a result, i just installed the scummvm.ELF in the boot folder and played it on my PS browser but i want to launch it from OPL.

Any ideas or perhaps you too, launch it from the PS2 browser?
UniqueUserName

Post by UniqueUserName »

morpheous wrote:I tried to setup SCummvm to launch from the OPL APPS Tab awhile ago and wasn't successful. As a result, i just installed the scummvm.ELF in the boot folder and played it on my PS browser but i want to launch it from OPL.

Any ideas or perhaps you too, launch it from the PS2 browser?
You quoted the exact instructions, FOUR TIMES. :shock:

HERE:
UniqueUserName wrote:If I were to play Non-PS2-Games/Homebrew, I would use OPLv0.8 (if OPLv0.9.3 failed to boot it or play properly)...