Violent Adventure Games

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Largo

Violent Adventure Games

Post by Largo »

Harvester, Phantasmagoria 1 & 2

Are there any plans to support?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Those use Sierra's SCI engine, so they're better suited for the FreeSCI project
clem

Re: Violent Adventure Games

Post by clem »

Largo wrote:Harvester, Phantasmagoria 1 & 2
Phantasmagoria is out of the question since it's based on SCI which is still far away (and with FreeSCI around not in ScummVM's scope)

Never heard of Harvester before, it doesn't seem to use any common engine so that's also pretty unlikely.

As far as violence goes you'll have to make do with Sam n Max for the meantime, that's the only game I know where already in the intro a head is ripped off :)
Javi-Wan Kenobi

Post by Javi-Wan Kenobi »

I have no mouth has some violent moments, specially in the Garrister segment.
Largo

Post by Largo »

Javi-Wan Kenobi wrote:I have no mouth has some violent moments, specially in the Garrister segment.
There is really no comparison with Harvester here. I mean this game is like watching Twin Peaks on very bad acid trip.
Michael_Me

Post by Michael_Me »

If a developer would like to give it a stab at adding a engine for Harvester, I have a boxed version lying in the attic that im willing to donate to the scummvm team.

The game is freaking great, - a lot of blood and gore with a really twisted story.

If no-one is interessted, maybe I should give it a stab myself, - but im working overtime as a programmer, and it is hard to find the time :roll:

/Michael
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

clem wrote: As far as violence goes you'll have to make do with Sam n Max for the meantime, that's the only game I know where already in the intro a head is ripped off :)
Why'd you suppose it's ticking?
clem

Post by clem »

iPwnzorz wrote:Why'd you suppose it's ticking?
Voices in its head, speaking in morse?
noize

Post by noize »

Hopkins FBI is another one. Known for it's extremely gratuitous violence and colourful comic book depictions of grisly murders...
Delirious17

Post by Delirious17 »

Bump

Would love to see Harvester working on SCUMM since we now have Phantasmagoria 1 & 2 working.