Scummvm 2 can't show internal storage on Android 7 tablet

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

toology

Scummvm 2 can't show internal storage on Android 7 tablet

Post by toology »

Hello,

Let me congratulate you on a great release. Windows version works great, but I have a problem with the port. Scummvm 2 can't show internal storage on Android 7 tablet.

I currently don't have an SD card to test that type of storage. The beta on 1.9 base from playstore works great.

I noticed that playstore version asks for storage permissions using the regular pop-up window when starting, while the build from the download page uses the legacy system and mentions only the SD card in permissions.

Any help is appreciated if possible. I hope it will be fixed in an updated playstore release.
snover
ScummVM Developer

Post by snover »

Yes, this is an unfortunate problem due to the lack of a maintainer on the Android port; I had to cobble together a new release binary for 2.0 and this was based on the older Android backend due to compilation issues with the other Android-SDL backend (which I guess is what was used for the 1.9 beta). There is some interest now on our side to try to fix this up. There is an open ticket in the bug tracker about this, so keep an eye on that for progress! If you can edit your scummvm.ini, you may try a workaround of changing `browser_lastpath` (under `[scummvm]`) so that it points to an accessible directory, which should at least allow you to browse to add games. Let me know if this works so I can also add this workaround to the ticket. Thanks!
toology

Post by toology »

Thank you for the suggestion. I wanted to try the workaround, but this build doesn't create a folder in \Android\data directory. Is there another location to add or edit the ini file?
dafioram

Post by dafioram »

scummvm 2.0.0 (non-sdl) config file is /data/data/org.scummvm.scummvm/files/scummvmrc

On rooted devices changing the browser_lastpath to a sdcard location allows scummvm to open in that location when adding a game.