The Junkyard Name

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Collector

The Junkyard Name

Post by Collector »

Sorry, but I did not want to comment out of curiosity in the AGS thread and possibly exacerbate things, but I noticed that some of the AGS people took offense at a corresponding thread was placed in this forum, assuming that it was considered 'junk'. I had always thought that it was a reference to the junkyard in Full Throttle, but am now curious as if this is the case or not.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Maybe we can rename it to "Miscellaneous" or such?
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

I think the name is pretty clear.

I am opposed to changing something inoffensive because someone finds it offensive. People are offended over the most ridiculous things these days.
The sub-heading of the Junkyard is quite descriptive.
ikmspb

Post by ikmspb »

If that counts, I came from AGS forums and was not offended. Only had worries that being in "Junkyard" certain thread is not considered too important and would not be checked often, but that soon proved to be not true.
Collector

Post by Collector »

I am not advocating changing the name, just curious as to the origin of the name. Is it a reference to the junkyard in Full Throttle?
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

I am guessing the people who named it are no longer around. Perhaps ask Ender or Fingolfin?