Pajama Sam 1 - no game saving at all?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Nowhere Girl

Pajama Sam 1 - no game saving at all?

Post by Nowhere Girl »

The problem is that unlike in Pajama Sam 2 and 3, where you can choose gameplay variants, assignment of lost objects to locations in Pajama Sam 1 is entirely random. So, in order to have some level of control over which variant I get, I wanted to create saves at the very start of the game and name them after I know which variant I got in which saved game (particularly since I do have a favorite: [mask Carrot, lunchbox well, flashlight mine], and generally I find the variants with flashlight in the outhouse too easy). However, I discovered that I can't save. I know that the game itself didn't have a save menu, but doesn't Scumm VM, at least sometimes, override it and allow saving from the emulator level?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Pajama Sam 1 - no game saving at all?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Nowhere Girl wrote:I know that the game itself didn't have a save menu, but doesn't Scumm VM, at least sometimes, override it and allow saving from the emulator level?
At least for me, pressing "S" and "L" saves and loads the game respectively. (At least in the English version.) I assume that's how the original did it. I don't remember off-hand if that's the only way.