GOG has two new classic adventure games

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

GOG has two new classic adventure games

Post by dreammaster »

GOG has just released two more classic adventure games. Heart of China and Rise of the Dragon. Never played either game, so I don't know how good they are. Still, it's nevertheless nice to see them managing to secure distribution rights to some more classic adventure games.
CaptainJei

Post by CaptainJei »

Rise of the Dragon and Heart of China are two of my favorite adventure games ever. Highly recommended.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Both games (along with Willy Beamish which was also released at some point) were made by Dynamix which was a subsidiary of Sierra (like Coktel). Definitely awesome games. I've been waiting to see them supported by ScummVM, but obviously they're an entirely different engine than SCI and such. They each have EGA and VGA versions (and Willy Beamish has a third CD talkie version).

Dynamix also made Space Quest 5, though it wasn't advertised as such. Just some random trivia for those who don't know.
Bobbin

Post by Bobbin »

MusicallyInspired wrote:Dynamix also made Space Quest 5, though it wasn't advertised as such. Just some random trivia for those who don't know.
You can definitely tell from the graphics, Dynamix had some great talents in this department. Rise of the Dragon is one of my personal classics. ScummVM could allow for combining the nice VGA graphics with the Sega CD audio. If I had time this would definitely be the engine I'd like to work on considering that it doesn't look that complicated. Purely from a gameplay perspective, no pathfinding or walking and simple puzzles. But the code is probably a mess.