ScummVM 2.0 Release Testing Has Begun

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

criezy
ScummVM Developer

ScummVM 2.0 Release Testing Has Begun

Post by criezy »

The day has finally arrived to wrap up the current ScummVM release cycle! ScummVM 2.0 is one of our biggest new releases to date and adds support for 23 games:
  • Cranston Manor
  • Full Pipe
  • Gabriel Knight
  • Gabriel Knight 2
  • King's Quest VII
  • King's Questions
  • Leisure Suit Larry 6 (hi-res)
  • Leisure Suit Larry 7
  • Lighthouse
  • Mixed-Up Mother Goose Deluxe
  • Phantasmagoria
  • Phantasmagoria 2
  • Plumbers Don't Wear Ties
  • Police Quest 4
  • RAMA
  • Riven: The Sequel to Myst
  • Shivers
  • Space Quest 6
  • Starship Titanic
  • The Dark Crystal
  • Time Zone
  • Torin's Passage
  • Ulysses and the Golden Fleece
This release also includes significant new enhancements and bug fixes across many engines, so go ahead and play through an old classic you have been missing even if it's not on this list!

Grab a daily build of ScummVM for testing, and make sure to follow our guidelines for release testing. Windows users, please use a Kirben daily build instead of a Buildbot daily build. Report any bugs you encounter to our bug tracker, and once you have finished a playthrough, fill out our test results form. You can track testing progress on the wiki as it happens.

Happy gaming!
Last edited by criezy on Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NLS

Post by NLS »

Fantastic news!
fetito666

Post by fetito666 »

Yay! Great!
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

Is there any documentation of which files are needed for Lighthouse and Rama?

I have both games sitting here, but it seems the files on the disc are modified during an install. And sometimes they have the same name but different file sizes.

edit: I may have gotten them both running. No errors in the console and they both start, so I guess I'm ok. I likely just have a lot of extraneous files I don't need. And I wonder if the patch/patches folders are being used or if I need to dump the contents of those of the files they are supposed to patch.
Last edited by scoriae on Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I know this might seem strange coming from me ;), but the undither option in the Engine tab of the GUI seems to be missing for Sierra SCI0 EGA games. Or has it been gone for a while? It's been so long since I've used ScummVM. Nice to see more compatibility and finally hitting v2.0!
Alien Grey

Post by Alien Grey »

I'm currently testing Return to Ringworld because game compatibility was broken after ScummVM 1.7.

I can confirm already that the Kirben daily build does fix the program isn't responding bug on my Windows 10 X64 device. :)
Lebostein

Post by Lebostein »

Where I can find the list of needed game data files of the new games?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Lebostein wrote:Where I can find the list of needed game data files of the new games?
In the same place as for the other games: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles
Note: For Sierra SCI games, the list is under SCI instead of having an entry for each game.
Lebostein

Post by Lebostein »

Hm... english version of GK2 works, german version don't work (no ScummVM game found)
Alien Grey

Post by Alien Grey »

I've got a question about the fill out the test result form.

Is it important to enter the correct ScummVM version?

I'm asking this because it didn't allow me to enter the correct Kirben daily build version so I cheated and entered the example number to let me go to the next page and submit my result.
briandamage

Post by briandamage »

I'm having the same issue as Alien Grey. The 2.0 game test report uses strict input validation on the SCUMMVM version field which doesn't let me enter a build number for 2.1. Rather than input a fake version number to get my form to submit I decided to not submit the form at all.

Here's the report I'm talking about:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... g/viewform
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Thank you to all those who tested games. We are now moving into the last stretch of the release preparation, and the release is now just one week away. Therefore we are closing the release testing, but you are of course more than welcome to continue playing and testing the games and report any issue found on our bug tracker so that they can get fixed in a future release.

Also thank you for reporting the issues with the ScummVM version validation on the testing form. This is something we will need to improve for future releases.