ETA for ScummVM 1.10?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

fetito666

ETA for ScummVM 1.10?

Post by fetito666 »

Is there an ETA for ScummVM 1.10?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

What are you looking for?
fetito666

version 1.10

Post by fetito666 »

Support for Gabriel Knight 1 in SVGA and also Phantasmagoria 1 + 2.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Not to rain on your parade, but where did you read resp. who was telling you that these games will be supported in 1.10?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: version 1.10

Post by sev »

fetito666 wrote:Support for Gabriel Knight 1 in SVGA and also Phantasmagoria 1 + 2.
Those games were not announced as supported yet. So, if we start the release cycle tomorrow, 1.10 would go without these games anyway.

Eugene
Caltaron

Re: version 1.10

Post by Caltaron »

I can totally understand that you hesitate to acknowledge a release date for no really important reasons. Since I am in the middle of building a retro machine for myself including ScummVM, I would still appreciate a hint. So perhaps you are so kind to answer this very vague question: Do you feel confident that there will be a stable release of version 1.10 still in 2017, or are we most likely looking at next year? Thank you for all your efforts and this fantastic piece of software!
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Caltaron

A few days early for a X-mas present

Post by Caltaron »

Thank you! Nice that we can look forward to a very special X-mas present this season.
albadross

Post by albadross »

I see mention made in the scumm-devel link about the 1.10.0 release of a suggestion of including Wintermute and, in particular, the Carol Reed games. I have completed all CR games (from 04 East Side Story to 12 Profound Red) and another 19 Wintermute games (list available). I think these should be considered for inclusion in the release.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

albadross wrote:I see mention made in the scumm-devel link about the 1.10.0 release of a suggestion of including Wintermute and, in particular, the Carol Reed games. I have completed all CR games (from 04 East Side Story to 12 Profound Red) and another 19 Wintermute games (list available). I think these should be considered for inclusion in the release.
I would like to add to that.
There are some more games who were, at least one time, confirmed as working and completable, e.g. "Cold Winter Waiting".
See the WME testing thread for completable Wintermute games.

If some more games were marked as supported, probably more people will start playing them, so more bug reports may roll in as well, but that is ultimately a good thing, i believe(?)

I don't think we can get enough testers for a pinpoint release on all the needed games anyway, but that is, of course, just my opinion.