ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > General Discussion > Rookie MT-32 / SC-55 questions
Rookie MT-32 / SC-55 questions
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
macafella

Rookie MT-32 / SC-55 questions 

Hi

I was lucky enough to find a relatively good priced MT-32 and SC-55 which I have been looking at for a while now Smile I love how the old midi devices sound.

I am still waiting for them to be shipped to me, but I'd like to prepare myself a bit while waiting.

One thing I have done is creating the MI 1/2 "Ultimate Talkies" based on the Steam versions of the deluxe gamle so I can have both speech-audio and MIDI.

The reason I am writing today is to ask if anybody can clear up:

1) Besides MI1/2 which versions of the do I need to get Midi for my devices. I read somewhere that the CD version of some games does not use midi but recorded audio. I believe it was Indy. Is there a list somewhere that clears up which titles comes with midi?

2) Besides the LucasArts games, Space Quest series, and Beneath a Steel Sky which other ScummVM compatibble titles has either good MT32 or GM/SC-55 productions. I'd love some recommendations on new games. I would love to hear your fav. MT-32 and SC-55 titles.

I will use the hardware on my old iMac G4 20" which I have upgraded with a SSD and 2 GB ram. Hope it sounds better than when I try to emulate the MT32 on the old G4;)

Post Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:53 pm 
LogicDeLuxe

Re: Rookie MT-32 / SC-55 questions 

quote:
Originally posted by macafella
I read somewhere that the CD version of some games does not use midi but recorded audio.
Beside Monkey Island CD, the Loom CD and the FM-Towns versions of Zak and Indy 3 have CD audio only.
quote:
I believe it was Indy.
Indy 3 has PCjr and Adlib, so it doesn't support MT-32 or GS. Indy 4 has MT-32 in any PC version.
quote:
Is there a list somewhere that clears up which titles comes with midi?
There is. For MT-32 with helpful remarks: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_MT-32-compatible_computer_games
Also on Mobygames, you can search for specific hardware support like MT-32: http://www.mobygames.com/attribute/sheet/attributeId,35/
Or General MIDI: http://www.mobygames.com/attribute/sheet/attributeId,47/
Post Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:46 am 
macafella

Thank you so much LogicDeLuxe. The Moby list is amazing Smile

Post Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:50 pm 
Reply to topic