Problems with Simon 1

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

EnderPSP

Problems with Simon 1

Post by EnderPSP »

Hi guys.

First, let me say thanks for Scummvm!

I have a problem, it seems I can't run Simon The Sorcerer 1.
With the beta5, my psp 1.50 just crashes when I try to run Simon1, while all other games I've tried work.
On 0.8.0, if I try to run Simon, it just returns to browser (memory stick).

There have been some issues, like "object not in room" or some other errors with some of the games I've tried, but they were ok, and I could not repeat them, on both beta5 and 0.8.0, but they did not seem to affect the gameplay, since they dont happen often.

I have 1.50 fw, and a 1 GB Sandisk Pro Duo ms. The games are located in "Scummvm 0.8.0" folder (like \PSP\GAME\Scummvm 0.8.0\Simon1\) Right now I have 8 mb free on the ms, but I've also tried with 100 mb free, same result, exits directly (like I'd close scummvm).

I tried Simon1 talkie and it works. But I preffer the dos version, because of the subs... btw, is there any chance of introducing F keys? (for instance, F3 enables subs in simon1).

I'd provide any other feedback you might need on this. Let me know what you need.

Thanks,
Ender
Last edited by EnderPSP on Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

OFFTOPIC: Ugh, Ender got a clone? :lol:

Eugene
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Does the same version of Simon work with the PC 0.8.0 release of ScummVM?
simon1demo works fine here, so there's not much for me to look at.

btw, you can turn on subtitles in the launcher or config file.
EnderPSP

Post by EnderPSP »

joostp wrote:Does the same version of Simon work with the PC 0.8.0 release of ScummVM?
simon1demo works fine here, so there's not much for me to look at.

btw, you can turn on subtitles in the launcher or config file.
Apparently no, the pc version does not work as well. It seems that the floppy version I have from an abandonware site is cracked. And from the scummvm sources I deduce I need the GAMEPC file (uncracked). I do have the original CD from the win talkie, but I'd like the floppy version because of the subtitles, and small size.

Anyone help? Or the bytes/offsets to reverse the crack...

Thanks joostp for pointing out the problem, BUT the talkie version does not have subtiltes :( in either PSP or PC version of Scummvm, so I can't play that version... I'm old style so I preffer subtitles instead of voice.

Anyone can help me please with this?
Tia
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

As rules say, pirated versions of the games aren't tolerated. Closing the topic.

Eugene

PS. Proper way to fix bytes is to get originals at AdventureSoft shop