Which games would you like to be supported on the future?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Kroc

Re: Which games would you like to be supported on the future?

Post by Kroc »

The X-files game would count, right?
Maxor127

Post by Maxor127 »

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but Mac Return to Zork would be #1 for me. The MPEG version would be great too.
NLS

Post by NLS »

Well it was mentioned in the first few pages, but I thing it should get one more vote:

Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Level 9 and other text engines.
I know about the few interpreters that are already out there, but I don't see the field very active nowadays, especially concerning modular engine solutions (like SCUMMVM itself). Gargoyle for example has years since last real update.
Yes there are many stand alone solutions and an active community. (where I see some possible conflict - as there was some tiny conflict when SCI and such moved to SCUMMVM)
Under the wings of SCUMMVM team this would thrive I believe.
Shane

Post by Shane »

I did not read through all 22 pages of this thread to see if someone else mentioned this, but I would like to see ScummVM support Monkey Island: Special Edition and Monkey Island 2 Special Edition. I realize the games aren't that old, but the games are already experiencing compatibility issues. Due to driver issues neither game will run in Windows 10 and there is no sign of Disney putting any effort into making these games last into the future. I remember LEC repeatedly touted that the new Special Editions were created in SCUMM so theoretically they should work or shouldn't be too difficult to implement within ScummVM, but who knows what kind of modifications LEC made to the game and the engine to modernize it.

I would hate to see these two games already fall off to the sidelines. [/i]
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

FWIW, ScummVM does (unofficially) support running the "Ultimate Talkie Edition" fan patch of MI1&2 SE.
Shane

Post by Shane »

I've seen that, but I actually like the updated HD graphics.
IntEmu

Post by IntEmu »

'Clue' (FMV) and 'Johnny Mnemonic' (FMV), because they're 16-bit Windows games.
ScumBak

Post by ScumBak »

Start Trek, Syberia- I'd love to see another parts of this games. And old best best Grall. That's all!
Last edited by ScumBak on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
szczuru

Post by szczuru »

joanthedark

Post by joanthedark »

Now that Phantasmagoria 1 & 2 are a possibility I'd like to see Harvester as well, such an amazing hidden gem and I would do anything to be able to play it on my phone, hell even on PC because it's still a pain trying to run it through DOS.
IndianaJones

Post by IndianaJones »

I agree with joanthedark. I also vote for Harvester. Harvester is available on Steam and GOG, but both versions use dosbox. Harvester's Steam publisher Nightdive Studios previously collaborated with ScummVM team when releasing the ScummVM port of "I have No Mouth but I must Scream". I am sure that they would be interested in getting Harvester ported to ScummVM.

I would also love to see the game Zombi (1986) on ScummVM. It has DOS, amiga, commodore 64, Atari ST and ZX Spectrum ports. Amiga version is the best and it still looks good by today's standards. I played it using an Amiga emulator a while ago and it was a lot of fun. I wrote wikipedia and youtube gameplay links below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombi_(1986_video_game)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a2CenQohq0

Dos version has lower quality graphics but the executable is only 48kb in size, so it might be a starting point to port all versions into ScummVM. I hope somebody with skills can reverse engineer it easily.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

I played Zombi on Amiga back in the day. Not a bad game and I didn't realise that it was a landmark as Ubisoft's first published game.
IndianaJones

Post by IndianaJones »

digitall, will you be our champion and port Zombi to ScummVM? :D :D
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Simple answer is no as I don't own any copies of the game (I played it on a friend's Amiga back in the day) and copies on EBay are going for at least 250 EUR or more and not on GOG, so very unlikely. It is quite a rare game and unless Ubisoft decide to freeware it as they did a 2012 remake... very doubtful.
IndianaJones

Post by IndianaJones »

Another great game is Veil of Darkness (1993 DOS). I hope it gets supported by ScummVM in the future.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/veil-of-darkness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtdQwOVwbMA

I can't believe that it is not available on GOG or Steam.