The Curse of Monkey Island - Windowed Mode Size Change?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Siperos

The Curse of Monkey Island - Windowed Mode Size Change?

Post by Siperos »

Hello!

I'm trying to start a let's play series of The Curse of Monkey Island game. I got the game working using ScummVM but the problem I have is that I can't record the gameplay properly. So far I have tried NVIDIA's GeForce Experience and OBS to record the gameplay and only OBS seemed to be able to record it. But not in fullscreen resolution. Only when the game is in windowed mode. Which would be fine by me if the windowed screen was larger than just barely 1/4 of my monitor screen.

So what I would like to ask is that is there any way I can modify the size of the windowed mode gameplay screen of The Curse of Monkey Island? Or is there another gameplay recording program I should use to record The Curse of Monkey Island, and possibly other Scumm-engine games even in fullscreen?

Thank you in advance.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

There are two main types of graphic modes in the ScummVM options: OpenGL and the other ones (normal, 2X, HQ3X...). The OpenGL mode should allow you to resize your window manually to any size you want (use SHIFT to preserve the aspect ratio of the window while resizing). Unfortunately there is currently no way to set or save the size in the preferences so you will need to resize the window manually every time you restart ScummVM.

Also screen recording software might behave differently for OpenGL and for the other graphic modes, so even if a software doesn't work with
one mode, it might work with the other.

I don't know what will work for you, but hopefully the information above will give you some hints.
Siperos

Post by Siperos »

Thank you for your help, criezy! It seems to be working just fine now and I think I can start recording straight away!

I got one last question about the game, though; what happens when you complete the first part of the game where normally the game would tell you to switch CDs? Will the game just continue on normally assuming I ported all the right files from both original CD's and routed ScummVM to them?
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

That's how it should continue, yes