ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > General Discussion > MIDI music Extraction and resources from TsAGE engine games.
MIDI music Extraction and resources from TsAGE engine games.
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
Corak

MIDI music Extraction and resources from TsAGE engine games. 

Hi, i'm searching some utility or method how to use ScummVM engine to extract resources from TsAGE games by Tsunami (Ringworld series, Protostar mostly), and didnt find ANY disscussion about it, not talking about some programs.
Could you help to use ScummVM code to at least extract gamefiles from resource packs, so i could dig out midi files and change them to capture to standard midi?
extenstions are .RLB and have many "TMI-" headers in file

Post Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:35 pm 
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Hi there,

The code for decompressing resources from the RLB files can be found in engines/tsage/resources.cpp. There aren't any standalone tools currently for decompressing and recompressing resources in the RLB file, but if you have some programming skills, or find someone with them willing to assist you, it should be straightforward to use resources.cpp to create such a tool. I've way too much I'm working on already, so I can't offer to help with it.

All the best for your project.

Post Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:44 pm 
Reply to topic