Scumm Extras folder and game root directory problems

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

qm2hill

Scumm Extras folder and game root directory problems

Post by qm2hill »

I have been trying for many hours to install the game "Zork Nemesis" to my Windows 10 64 bit computer. Fist I tried Virtual Machine and installed XP; this game was made for Windows 95 32 bit, but I don't possess Windows 95 operating system. I used internet instructions to install "Zork Nemesis" on XP,but all I got were error messages; I followed instructions correctly.

Now I am trying to install "Zork Nemesis" using ScummVM. The instructions are below. The first thing says to download the the Liberation(tm) fonts package and unpack all the ttf files into your ScummVM extras directory I tried to download and it says this page no longer exist; I am able to download the alternitive GNU FreeFont TTF package. The instructions say unzip all the ttf files from the sfd directory into your ScummVM extras directory. I have no ideal how to do this. How do I find the scumm extras directory and then how do I download all the ttf files from the sfd directory into the Scummvm extras directory? I am lost on how to do this.

Also, after this, where do I find the the games root directory, as the instructions below say I need to Download the subtitles patch and unzip the addon directory into the game root directory. How to I find the root directory for Zork Nemesis so I can download this patch into it. I did create a folder with this path to install Zork directories: C:\Games\ZN-CD; since all I am copying go into the folder ZN-CD, would ZN-CD be my root directory?

I am familiar with all the other instructions listed below, so as a recap, I need to be able to find the scummvm extras directory so I can download files to it, and I need to find the root directory of Zork Nemesis. If anyone out there can help be, I would be very grateful for your help! Thank you!

These are the complete instructions for installing Zork Nemesis CD's to ScummVM:

Download the Liberation(tm) fonts package and unpack all the ttf files into your ScummVM extras directory
Alternatively, download the GNU FreeFont TTF package and unzip all the ttf files from the sfd directory into your ScummVM extras directory, though at the time of writing these fonts cause some text rendering issues
Download the subtitles patch and unzip the addon directory into the game root directory

CD version

Copy the following from the nemesis directory of CD1 into the game root directory:
The znemmx directory
The znemscr directory
nemesis.str
From CD1, copy the zassets directory into the game root directory
From CD2, copy the zassets directory into the game root directory, overwriting any duplicate files
From CD3, copy the zassets directory into the game root directory, overwriting any duplicate files: end of instructions. :wink: :wink: :wink:
corpse

Post by corpse »

Yes, ZN-CD is the root directory.

As for extras folder, see here:

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/User_ ... #Paths_tab

Thanks Tom.
qm2hill

Thanks for your help! Zork Nemesis game problems

Post by qm2hill »

I finally got Scummm to run Zork Nemesis thanks to your help. I spent many hours trying to get the game to run with no success until you gave me the right instructions. Thanks so very much for your help!

Greg H.-Duluth, Ga
corpse

Post by corpse »

glad to hear its sorted.