How to run multi-disc games! (CoMI, Broken Sword, etc.)

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

almightyfredder wrote:I got the original copy that I had, took the voxdisk files off and replaced them in the directory. I now have voices, but they are kind of scrachy.
Strange, they shouldn't be. Not more so than any other compressed audio of that era at least, I imagine.
Raizan01

Post by Raizan01 »

I have the same problem as the guy one year ago, i followed the guide and changed Discworld 2's ENGLISH.SMP, ENGLISH.TXT and ENGLISH.IDX files, the game is not recognized by scummvm anymore, but after i deleted "1" from ENGLISH1.SMP, things went back normal as before.

Ohh.. the solutin was to copy files from subfolder into main folder, after that game seem to run normaly.
Jitsu

Post by Jitsu »

I'm onto the second disc of the Curse of Monkey Island and now it says this message:
" Console is ready.
Debugger started, type 'exit' to return to game.
Type 'help' to see a little list of commands and variables.
ERROR: (87:29:0xD44): BundleMgr::open()Can't open bundle file: musdisk1.bun! "

When I type in 'exit', the window just goes black. If I click around or anything, it says 'not responding' at the top next to the title. I did everything this said, so I don't understand why it's not working... The first disc worked perfectly.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Jitsu wrote:I'm onto the second disc of the Curse of Monkey Island and now it says this message:
" Console is ready.
Debugger started, type 'exit' to return to game.
Type 'help' to see a little list of commands and variables.
ERROR: (87:29:0xD44): BundleMgr::open()Can't open bundle file: musdisk1.bun! "

When I type in 'exit', the window just goes black. If I click around or anything, it says 'not responding' at the top next to the title. I did everything this said, so I don't understand why it's not working... The first disc worked perfectly.
The error is pretty self-explanatory: it can't find musdisk1.bun. Did you copy the contents of both disks into a folder? As the first post in the thread says, you need to copy all files from both disks into a folder and point ScummVM there. Don't run it from the CD directly.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

A couple of the image links were dead in the guide, so I have just re-added every image with a new one that reflects the current state of ScummVM. (and using Windows 7, which these days is much more common than XP)
Mr. YAMAHA

Re: How to run multi-disc games! (CoMI, Broken Sword, etc.)

Post by Mr. YAMAHA »

When I play Blue's Treasure Hunt the save files are in seperate disc, it means that Disc 1 saves the Treasure Hunt, but Disc 2 (Magenta's favorite treasure and The Land of Great Discovery) is not in the same save file. How do I make Disc 2 have the same file like Disc 1 and play Magenta's favorite treasure and enter the Land of great Discovery?