Previously unknown Full Throttle Easter Egg?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

JohnnyW

Previously unknown Full Throttle Easter Egg?

Post by JohnnyW »

I don't if many people have been able to play the new Full Throttle Remaster yet, but in the commentary it's revealed that there's an easter egg that shipped with the game that (as far as I'm aware) has never been discovered.

Apparently entering Mark Crowley's (one of FT's programmers) date of birth into Malcolm Corley's safe brings up a little embarrassing audio recording that he inserted into the game when he got punchy one night.

Finding his date of birth is proving difficult, so I was wondering if anyone had encountered anything in the game's SCUMM scripts?
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

The code is 12-14-62 so I suppose his birthday is 14th December 1962.

I did this by running "scummvm -b 840 -u ft" with a dumps directory present to jump straight to the Corley factory.

I then used the floor safe which is room 63.

After running "descumm -7 <dump>" on the relevant room-63-*.dmp files, the decode logic for the combination is in room-63-2002.dmp and shows the expected combination from the wallthrough and the value above.

In my White Label copy, Ben gets a bit gassy and a round of applause while bending down :)
JohnnyW

Post by JohnnyW »

Ha! So it was true! I don't believe this has ever been discovered before?

Edit: I've posted it to Mixnmojo! Thanks for your work!
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

I don't think so... A cursory Google search for that date in conjunction with Mark's name, Full Throttle etc. throws up no clear hits.