ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > General Discussion > Humongous Entertainment resource ripper
Humongous Entertainment resource ripper
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
Supper

Humongous Entertainment resource ripper 

Download here (C++ source included)

This is a command-line utility I wrote that extracts most graphics and audio from SCUMM-based Humongous Entertainment games. It supplants my previous rippers to the extent that I figured it's worth starting a new topic. See the readme for a list of supported games and data types, but as far as I know it can decode every graphics and audio format (save MIDI) used in all HE games up to at least Backyard Basketball, as well as some miscellaneous things like Splat file metadata and TLKE subtitles.

I made this without reference to ScummVM's code or other external sources -- if I had, it would probably work a lot better! As it is, the code is rather clunky and cumbersome, and I expect I've made some mistaken assumptions about data formats, but for the most part the program does what it's supposed to. I hope someone finds some use for this.

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:50 pm 
Windows TV

thank you 

thank you for this magical device...i'm very impressed you found a way to understand the compressed images! Smile

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:48 pm 
HumongousFan4

Is there a way to compress the files back up and mod the game?

Post Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:16 pm 
Reply to topic