Further problems with storage access

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ERamseth

Further problems with storage access

Post by ERamseth »

With the daily builds I cannot browse to the .ini file in the Android/data/org.scummvm... location because that location does not exist.

I need to do this to try the workaround mentioned in this topic: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=14152

With the 1.9.0 release of the SDL version I can browse there only if the data location is set to "external SD Card" (even though there is no external SD Card.

Problem is, the 1.9.0 release version doesn't support running Riven it seems.

Is there no way in the ScummVM to even just type in a file path to any of the file browser dialogs?

Or alternatively, are there daily builds of the SDL version?

EDIT: forgot to mention this is on an Nvidia Shield TV 2017 model. I think its on Android Nougat but not 100% sure. Also, it's not rooted.

EDIT2: Another idea to workaround this would be to allow ScummVM to override the .ini file stored in the non-rooted-inaccessible part of the data directories with a .ini file stored in the accessible part of the storage. It already makes a folder called ScummVM inside the /sdcard/ directory on my phone for save files. Any chance it could read an ini from there in place of the internally created one?
nilsca

Post by nilsca »

Hi

Had the same problem and saw this in the log

03-22 20:20:22.724 D/ScummVM (10344): Using configuration file: /data/user/0/org.scummvm.scummvm/files/scummvmrc
03-22 20:20:22.770 W/ScummVM (10359): type=1400 audit(0.0:233): avc: denied { read } for name="/" dev="rootfs" ino=1 scontext=u:r:untrusted_app:s0:c512,c768 tcontext=u:object_r:rootfs:s0 tclass=dir permissive=0

Edited this this file (different from the old style INI location)

/data/user/0/org.scummvm.scummvm/files/scummvmrc

Change this

browser_lastpath=/sdcard

Now I can add games again (at least from internal storage, no access to external sdcards where I had files previously before lollipop)

Nils