Discworld doesn't start

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Ingsoc

Discworld doesn't start

Post by Ingsoc »

Hi,

I try to play Discworld in the CD Hebrew version and every time I try to start the game it fail to launch and throw me away to my desktop.
envisaged0ne

Post by envisaged0ne »

You might have your graphics mode or render mode set to something your computer doesn't like. Make sure you're just using default settings and no scaling. If that doesn't work, what non default settings are you using for graphics & sound options? Are you sure you have all the required files needed for ScummVM to run the game?
Ingsoc

Post by Ingsoc »

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I've got all the files.

Use my regular setting: full screen, without any graphic mode or rendering, audio is also all set to default.
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

Ingsoc wrote:Thanks for the reply.

Yes I've got all the files.

Use my regular setting: full screen, without any graphic mode or rendering, audio is also all set to default.
Try running from the command line, and see if there's any explicit error. One common problem is that we updated the list of required files one or two releases ago to also include additional sound driver data. So if you've had the files copied off the CD for a while, you may still be missing them.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Also it would be useful to know what errors and warnings you get, if any. See FAQ 5.6 for an indication of how to see those messages.
Ingsoc

Post by Ingsoc »

I re copy the files from the CD and the problem still persist, run Scummvm from command line but still have no message would the game fail to load.
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

Ingsoc wrote:I re copy the files from the CD and the problem still persist, run Scummvm from command line but still have no message would the game fail to load.
That's weird. I can't think of any reason the game would just exit without giving at least some message. Maybe try looking at the scummvm.log file. You may want to consult the README, but off the top of my head, it's likely either in:
C:\Users\<your username>\Application Data\ScummVM\
or c:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\ScummVM

The log file will hopefully give you some clue as to why ScummVM failed.