Freddi Fish 3: The Case of the Stolen Conch Shell error

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

coccinelle

Freddi Fish 3: The Case of the Stolen Conch Shell error

Post by coccinelle »

Hey I'm new here and i own the dutch version of freddi fish 3, but when i try to run it in scummvm i get this error message:

ERROR: (0:1:0x222): cannot read resource!

i know it has something to do with this file named FREDDI3.HE1 wich i first couldent get to instal in the folder also my laptopt couldent read this file, the other files where installed just fine appart from a help file for the pajama sam demo so if any of you know what this weird FREDDI3.HE1 file is, what it does and how to get it and my game to work pls let me know.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

See http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... onch_Shell

That is one of the required datafiles. You will need to try recopying from your original CD media.
coccinelle

Post by coccinelle »

when i try this it loads up to 4% than it freezes for about 5 to 10 minuutes and than i get a message saying:

1interupted action:

cant read the data from the scource file or scource disk

and i get the options to try again, skip or cancel
and when i try again the same thing happens all over again...
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Try to clean your CD, helps sometimes. If not, then you may go and buy a digital copy of the game from Steam.

Eugene
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

If you want to check files, then I would suggest you post a file list with full file MD5sums, "detection" md5sums and file sizes in bytes as per http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Repor ... _checksums ... but as sev said, if you can't get a clean dump, your media is probably degraded and you will need to buy a new copy.
coccinelle

Post by coccinelle »

after a few tries it worked so thx! :D