ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Help and Support > DOS Elvira and Waxworks version with Amiga-sounds?
DOS Elvira and Waxworks version with Amiga-sounds?
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
fetito666

DOS Elvira and Waxworks version with Amiga-sounds? 

Is there a way to make the DOS versions of Elvira and Waxworks use the superior sounds of the Amiga version?

Post Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:41 am 
m_kiewitz
ScummVM Developer

I'm assuming that you are talking about the music. I have never fully played Waxworks, so I'm not sure if there are sound effects as well.

Have you tried to switch to the MT32 soundtrack in the last few years? The code was changed for it, so it may have sounded not as good as it does now (we have Miles Audio support since around 2015).

I don't know your opinion about it, but I personally think the MT32 soundtrack is superior to the Amiga one.

In theory it should be possible to use the amiga soundtrack with the PC version, but that would require quite a bit of work.

Post Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:27 am 
fetito666

Ah, I was able to load the Amiga version (extracted files instead of ADF-images) and it's way superior to the MT32-version.

ScummVM rules!

Post Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:57 am 
Rikcahrd

PC version with CM32L and the extra sound effects sounds great, especially the garden and upper floors. Vastly better than adlib version.
I never heard the Amiga music until last week. It is completely different soundtrack but imo let down by a very low sample rate. I would love to hear the music used in the Amiga version on a MT32 or higher sample rate.

Post Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:08 pm 
Reply to topic