Technical problems with Pajama Sam again

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Nowhere Girl

Technical problems with Pajama Sam again

Post by Nowhere Girl »

Sorry to just drop by asking, but perhaps somebody has any idea why this problem appears and how to solve it...
On my old computer I got the same puzzle combinations in all Pajama Sam games when playing through Scumm VM + D-Fend Reloaded. I didn't have that problem in any other Humongous Entertainment games. However, in Pajama Sam 2 & 3 you can choose the combination through the menu and later I discovered that I get the random combination when playing through Scumm VM only.
Now I have a new computer with a much bigger disk, so I wanted to catch some more screenshots. :) I started playing Pajama Sam 1... And here's the problem: whether I play with Scumm VM only or Scumm VM started through D-Fend Reloaded, I get almost the same combination. The lunchbox can be in either place, but the mask is always with Carrot and the flashlight is always in the outhouse by the waterfall. About 10 trials so far and these two puzzles had the same variants every single time. I'm really getting worried... I especially like the variant when the flashlight is in the mine, it allows visiting places which are inaccessible in the other variant, and now I can't access it. What could be the reason? Is there any way to cheat and choose the combination as in Pajama Sam 2 & 3? Any way to "refresh" the combinations?
I have D-Fend Reloaded 1.4.4 and Scumm VM 1.9.0.2, in case version numbers are important (to me they don't mean anything - but I can say that generally, now starting Scumm VM games through D-Fend Reloaded works much more smoothly).
I would be really grateful if someone could help me.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

If i remember correctly (and i might not, mind you) there was an .ini setting used once you finished the game, something like "wingame=1" set to i believe scummvm.ini or some variable in your saves drawer or even within the save states itself (can't remember and can't really check as i don't have any Sam saves anymore)

So, if you start a new game it will read this variable and change the position of the stuff accordingly and randomly around.

But i'd wait for a devs to pop in