Virtual keyboard button blocks game functions

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

enthusiast

Virtual keyboard button blocks game functions

Post by enthusiast »

Hi,

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A with Android 6.0.1 and I'm trying to play Broken Sword 1 with the current ScummVM build.

My problem is, that the button for the virtual keyboard for ScummVM is directly above the first icon of the game's inventory. After starting the game this is the newspaper, which means it's not possible to use the newspaper in any way, because pressing that spot will instead activate the virtual keyboard.

Is it possible to move the activation button for the virtual keyboard to another spot on the screen? If so, how?

Thanks for reading!
goetz

Post by goetz »

To move that button, try the following:

During startup of ScummVM, hit the button "Change Device Configuration". Then select the menu item "On-Screen keyboard" -> "Customize on-screen keyboard layout". Now you can drag the button to a position you like and confirm the position with the device's back button. After that just confirm with menu entry "OK" two times and ScummVM will start with the new keyboard button position.
enthusiast

Post by enthusiast »

Thank you so much! You solved my problem. :) I didn't even notice the "Change Device Configuration" option during startup.