Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade integrity of files

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

freaky-hardware

Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade integrity of files

Post by freaky-hardware »

Hi everybody,

I recently rediscovered my old copy of Indy and the last crusade (German DOS VGA version) and I was curious whether I could get it running again. I was able to extract the LFL files by running the original installation routine, copied the LFL files, and the game is starting as expected using ScummVM.

However, when I checked the floppy discs, some bad sectors were reported. Now I am wondering whether I was able to retrieve all LFL files and whether some of them might be corrupted. Maybe some of you who got the game running successfully could please do a crosscheck?

The LFL files I could extract from the game installation folder have numbers ranging from 00 to 99, but I only have 90 files. The following are missing: 5, 10, 11, 65, 88, 89, 92, 95, 96, 97. Some LFL files are very small, for example 98 and 99 which only have a size of 2 KB each.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Looks correct
freaky-hardware

Post by freaky-hardware »

Great, thanks for the quick reply. That sounds encouraging! To be 100% sure I think I will have to play the game :D

If one or more files are corrupted, I will get stuck at some point I guess :(
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Bad sectors doesn't instantly mean broken data.

It might be, but what i learned from DOS disks is, that *if* there is faulty data then you can be sure that DOS won't let you copy it...ever

So, i guess you should just start playing and enjoying and report back if you run into problems :-)