Developers, Do you Know these Problem since a long time ...

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Eternety

Developers, Do you Know these Problem since a long time ...

Post by Eternety »

Hello,

it is still a long time a problem in Scummvm.
What I mean is: For example:
Indiana Jones III: at the beginning with Eva and Marcus in "Venice" (no music) and for example in "Castle Brunwald, use mug with beer barrel in the kitchen (no sound).
Since several years, in every System i use Scummvm (PC, Android ..., last Vers. i use was 1.7), the same Problem, no music in Venice, no sound ... but if i use "Dosbox", the music an sound is ok ...

But nevertheless, Scummvm ist good work. Especially the possibility to play these old classics from Lucasart, Sierra ... on other platforms like silence Android-TV-Box with a mouse, marvelous. Former a big loud Computer, and now the same games with these little silence Android TV Box.

Thanks

Thomas
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Hello,

I just tested in ScummVM both my original mac EGA version and the Steam version of Indiana Jones and the last Crusade, and for both I am getting music in Venice (and I didn't notice any missing sound either). Are you sure you have all the data files required when playing with ScummVM? Or maybe there is an issue with your Audio settings in ScummVM (my settings are all set to default)?

It might also be that there is a bug with the specific version of the game that you have, but I suspect the issue is something else. Which version of the game do you have? For DOS? EGA or VGA?