ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Help and Support > Support for the Nimbus Games apps that used the .obb files
Support for the Nimbus Games apps that used the .obb files
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
Windows TV

Support for the Nimbus Games apps that used the .obb files 

I may have asked this before but in case I have not, I'd like to ask, is it possible to support the versions of the Nimbus Games games that used the obb compression on SCUMM? Freddi Fish the Stolen Conch used this compression during the transition to Tommo.

While on the subject of Freddi Fish, can the original version of the iOS app (when Nimbus was under licenses with Atari) be supported as well?

One more question, sorry. Is there any way for the lite version of Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo (Nimbus games's version) to play? I do own the lite and full version - so. Yeah I know that's the reason it's not supported. I'd like to poke around the lite version's scripts.

Thank you! I may have broken a rule in this post. I feel like I have.

Post Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:01 am 
sev
ScummVM Lead

As I understand, there should be tools for extracting .obb files. Try to do it, there should be normal ScummVM-supported files inside.

Eugene

Post Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:49 am 
Windows TV

I tried searching the web for the extractor but can't seem to find it, I could have missed and will look again. Now you said, normal ScummVM-supported files inside? Maybe I can try with a HEX editor to extract the files then - cause as I stated I can not find the extractor.

Post Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:10 am 
sev
ScummVM Lead

It goes as a standard tool: https://developer.android.com/studio/command-line/jobb.html See -dump option there.

Post Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:22 am 
Windows TV

This extractor is part of Android Studio right? So I would have to download it? Or is it a separate part I can download without the studio?

Post Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:39 pm 
Reply to topic