Support for the Nimbus Games apps that used the .obb files

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Windows TV

Support for the Nimbus Games apps that used the .obb files

Post by Windows TV »

I may have asked this before but in case I have not, I'd like to ask, is it possible to support the versions of the Nimbus Games games that used the obb compression on SCUMM? Freddi Fish the Stolen Conch used this compression during the transition to Tommo.

While on the subject of Freddi Fish, can the original version of the iOS app (when Nimbus was under licenses with Atari) be supported as well?

One more question, sorry. Is there any way for the lite version of Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo (Nimbus games's version) to play? I do own the lite and full version - so. Yeah I know that's the reason it's not supported. I'd like to poke around the lite version's scripts.

Thank you! I may have broken a rule in this post. I feel like I have.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

As I understand, there should be tools for extracting .obb files. Try to do it, there should be normal ScummVM-supported files inside.

Eugene
Windows TV

Post by Windows TV »

I tried searching the web for the extractor but can't seem to find it, I could have missed and will look again. Now you said, normal ScummVM-supported files inside? Maybe I can try with a HEX editor to extract the files then - cause as I stated I can not find the extractor.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

It goes as a standard tool: https://developer.android.com/studio/co ... /jobb.html See -dump option there.
Windows TV

Post by Windows TV »

This extractor is part of Android Studio right? So I would have to download it? Or is it a separate part I can download without the studio?