Urbanfanatics domain purchases

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ScumQuest

Urbanfanatics domain purchases

Post by ScumQuest »

Hello mates, so I've been concerned about the state of the official repository as it's been offline for a good month now. I wanted to make mention that if there's a bill that needs footing, I'd be happy to help. Meanwhile I purchased the alternative versions of the domain (.org, .net... Perhaps another forgive my goldfish memory) just to keep the name safe in case anyone admin wise needs to move over to a new website. I'd donate either domain name and its paid up for 5 years:) that's all, thanks for all you do!
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Urbanfanatics domain purchases

Post by LordHoto »

ScumQuest wrote:Hello mates, so I've been concerned about the state of the official repository as it's been offline for a good month now. I wanted to make mention that if there's a bill that needs footing, I'd be happy to help. Meanwhile I purchased the alternative versions of the domain (.org, .net... Perhaps another forgive my goldfish memory) just to keep the name safe in case anyone admin wise needs to move over to a new website. I'd donate either domain name and its paid up for 5 years:) that's all, thanks for all you do!
I think the issue is that nobody is interested in maintaining the repoistory at this point. We should probably update the wiki to describe how you can install our release packages manually.
ScumQuest

Post by ScumQuest »

Yeah good point. Well I spent a lot of time this past 12 months getting ScummVM to work on all iOS systems with or without a JB. I'd be happy to maintain the Repo if it just needs to be maintained or the bill footed... Let me know:)
MajinChibi

Post by MajinChibi »

did somebody maintain the repo? I mean, the scummvm version was very old.

But it would be cool, if the repo would be available again.
With the newest scummvm (maybe with daily/nightly ^^)
ScumQuest

Post by ScumQuest »

No one has that I know of, if and when the source loads it's still 1.5.0 but it's been a while since Cydia or Zeusmos could locate it. I'd be happy to launch it with 1.8.1 on the original domain or one of the ones I purchased, I just need permission etc from the mods:)
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

If you would like to maintain this repository, it would be better if you join the ScummVM team as the port co-maintainer (well, we have no official iOS porter at the moment). This will let us contact you in time before the release and synchronize publishing of the binaries.

If you think it is a good idea, please drop by the IRC.

Eugene