ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Nintendo DS Port > REQ: feature request - hack/hex functionality
REQ: feature request - hack/hex functionality
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
andwan0

REQ: feature request - hack/hex functionality 

Is it possible to have a hack/hex menu/feature for ScummVM? This will allow us to use trainers/cheats.

For example, Elvira, Mistress of the Dark is rock hard to play (sword fighting). I can get so far but keep on dying. Not used to adventure games where you can die in them. Used to games like Day of the Tentacle where it's impossible to die.

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:01 pm 
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Hi andwan0

There is indeed a "hack menu" in ScummVM, and we call it the debug console. You'll enter it by pressing Ctrl-D. You'll find a small documentation there.
*Edit: I don't know what you're supposed to do to enter this mode on your DS*

Each engine, sometimes even each games, as his own set of implemented functions (if any). You'll find the list by typing 'help' in the console.

It may not be that helpful with Elvira, as I don't think there's a invulnerable mode in it... but it's worth a check anyway.

Best regards,
Strangerke

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:50 pm 
andwan0

quote:
Originally posted by Strangerke
Hi andwan0

There is indeed a "hack menu" in ScummVM, and we call it the debug console. You'll enter it by pressing Ctrl-D. You'll find a small documentation there.
*Edit: I don't know what you're supposed to do to enter this mode on your DS*

Each engine, sometimes even each games, as his own set of implemented functions (if any). You'll find the list by typing 'help' in the console.

It may not be that helpful with Elvira, as I don't think there's a invulnerable mode in it... but it's worth a check anyway.

Best regards,
Strangerke

Thanks for letting me know about the console. For the Android port, how can I access this?
Post Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:12 pm 
Reply to topic