fm2

Post by fm2 »

Terminal Log:

Last login: Tue Jun 14 15:56:31 on console
Welcome to Darwin!
iBook-OSX:~ FM$ /Users/FM/Public/ScummVM.app/Contents/MacOS/scummvm
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/FM/Public/ScummVM.app/Contents/MacOS/scummvm
Reason: Incompatible library version: scummvm requires version 7.0.0 or later, but libiconv.2.dylib provides version 5.0.0
Trace/BPT trap
iBook-OSX:~ FM$
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Thank you! That is exactly the information I needed.

I will need to rebuild various libraries as it looks like the wrong SDK was used (I might have used the SDK for 10.5 instead of 10.4 by mistake). I will get a new ScummVM PPC version built in the next few days. Hopefully that one will work.
fm2

Post by fm2 »

I'm glad to help you.
DelX

Post by DelX »

Thanks again criezy, a few things I noticed but which I suspect are likely game specific issues, just to be sure:

Rex Nebular, first part of the intro misses the space ship, it appears later shortly before landing.

Kings Quest 6 CD, voice audio is heard but a placeholder for subtitles/ text in form of a small empty text window is displayed.

Just from a few game test-runs, it otherwise ran without any issues, performance is great and OpenGL no filtering works as intended and looks amazing.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

I made a new build which hopefully should now work on MacOS X 10.4 PPC. I would also appreciate if somebody could also confirm that it works on MacOS X 10.5.

Edit: The new build is now available on our download page where it replaces the old one.
Last edited by criezy on Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

DelX wrote:Thanks again criezy, a few things I noticed but which I suspect are likely game specific issues, just to be sure:

Rex Nebular, first part of the intro misses the space ship, it appears later shortly before landing.

Kings Quest 6 CD, voice audio is heard but a placeholder for subtitles/ text in form of a small empty text window is displayed.
I can't be sure either since you just picked two of the supported games I have never played. This does indeed look like game specific issues though.
fm2

Post by fm2 »

It's working fine now. Merci, Thierry!
DelX

Post by DelX »

criezy wrote:I made a new build which hopefully should now work on MacOS X 10.4 PPC. I would also appreciate if somebody could also confirm that it works on MacOS X 10.5.

The new build can be found at https://www.dropbox.com/s/mgz5jkno169yz ... c.dmg?dl=0
Also works on OSX 10.5 8)
DelX

Post by DelX »

Will you also build the debian/ linux ppc port (which would also be of interest to newer ppc based Amiga Systems)?

Will all of it return to the buildbot in proper fashion at some point? (daily builds and such?)

Also, could we possibly get a news-post on the main site or a news mention in general (changelog, commit log) on the ppc builds?

Wouldn't the return of the build warrant it anyway? Sry not intended to come of as demanding, just wondering about these things and am curious.

Anyhow, it would be much appreciated since there have been quite a few ppl looking for this for a good while, admittedly likely in a rather passive fashion,... (less tech- knowable ppl in an aging community)

It would help to spread the word around the aging but still existing ppc/ Mac community and ScummVM's code base seems to be in a great shape. Thx again.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

DelX wrote:Will you also build the debian/ linux ppc port (which would also be of interest to newer ppc based Amiga Systems)?
No I will not. But there is already a Debian (squeeze) PPC package on our download page :wink:
DelX wrote:Will all of it return to the buildbot in proper fashion at some point? (daily builds and such?)
I am thinking about this, but that is quite low priority for me. Unfortunately the toolchain I am using for the release cannot be used on our buildbot and thus I would need to setup a different one. I am currently lacking motivation for it.
DelX wrote:Also, could we possibly get a news-post on the main site or a news mention in general (changelog, commit log) on the ppc builds?
Maybe. And thanks for the suggestion. I will be thinking about this.
alesi

Post by alesi »

criezy wrote:Hello,

I have a good news for you. I am the one compiling OS X releases now, and I have been working on bringing back PPC builds. I didn't want to comment before knowing if I would succeed or not, but I now have a build of ScummVM 1.8.1 for PowerPC macs and I need somebody to test it (I was only able to test it on an Intel mac with Rosetta). It should work on MacOS X 10.4 or more recent. Please try it and let me know if it works. If it does, it will be added to the download page.

Edit: it is now available on our download page
Thanks!! Great news!!
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Thank you for making the PowerPC-ScummVM App available. It runs great!
Chefsessel

Post by Chefsessel »

@criezy - first of all let me thank you for your efforts to bring us remaining PowerPC Mac users the latest ScummVM version! That's truly awesome and much appreciated! You're doing a great job! 8)

That said, I can't get 2.0.0 (10.4 version without sparkle) to run on any of my PPC Macs in Tiger 10.4.11. After mounting the image I try to start ScummVM. The icon appears and immediately disappears again. Console throws the error:

Could not initialize SDL: Unsupported display mode!

I've had this error both on my iMac G5 (128MB Radeon 9600) and my eMac (32MB GeForce2 MX).

Any idea as to what could cause the crash?