Cant convert Broken Sword Speech1/2.clu to Vorbis ScummTool

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Gromber

Cant convert Broken Sword Speech1/2.clu to Vorbis ScummTool

Post by Gromber »

i extracted my original speech data from Broken Sword 1 spanish 2cd version and i want to convert using ScummVm tools... but the app stop working on converting 6642 samples

scummvm-tools-cli --tool compress_sword1 --vorbis --speech-only .\SPEECH\SPEECH1.CLU

i want to convert to vorbis like english gog.com version... i also tried the gui...

i have now windows 10.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Not enough information. Does it give you some error message?

Eugene
Gromber

Post by Gromber »

yes a windows popup with the message scummvm-tools-cli.exe has stopped working.

the gui cant convert only speech data, i think.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

I just made a quick test with the French version of Broken Sword 1 (I don't have the Spanish version) and it looks like there might be something wrong with the release 1.8.0 of the scummvm-tools on Windows. On OS X it worked and it converted successfully all 6649 samples of speech1.clu. On Windows 10 it stopped working right at the start (when converting the first sample). I got the same behaviour as you. No error in the command prompt but a dialog that pops up indicating that the program stopped working.

However the version 1.7.0 of the scummvm-tools-cli.exe worked correctly on Windows 10 for me. Thus you might want to try that one. You can get it from here. Note however that if you have the mac version of Broken Sword 1 it may not work as there was a bug that was fixed in version 1.8.0 to convert that version.

Edit: I made some additional tests on OS X. There is actually memory corruption happening in the conversion of Broken Sword 1 speech files with version 1.8.0 of the tools and it is pure luck that it doesn't crash. I will take a stab at fixing this in the next few days.

Edit 2: In the end I decided to fix this today. So the next daily build (from http://www.scummvm.org/downloads/#daily) should be ok.
Gromber

Post by Gromber »

thanks, yes now it works :D
rev should add other language to gog version...