Left-hand mouse support (i.e. swap the L/R mouse buttons)

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tapelooper

Left-hand mouse support (i.e. swap the L/R mouse buttons)

Post by tapelooper »

Cheers! I am ubuntu user and a big fan of point and click adventures. Also I am a left-handed person thus I control the pointer on the screen with my left hand. Recently I was trying to search a solution to swap L/R mouse buttons in ScummVM, so I could play it properly (it seems that scummvm avoids ubuntu settings for handedness and always renders the buttons as L- main and R- secondary actions). Is there a patch or plugin to fix that? Or perhaps it could be made an option in a next release of VM?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Question, do you have the mouse buttons swapped in your system settings?

Because then SDL (the gfx library we're using) should swap the buttons for you automagically.

Eugene
tapelooper

Post by tapelooper »

sev wrote:Question, do you have the mouse buttons swapped in your system settings?

Because then SDL (the gfx library we're using) should swap the buttons for you automagically.

Eugene
Yes, I do. The ubuntu is set to Left-hand, but on login screen, however it is Right-hand and I couldn't swap it there. Ubuntu must have these settings (set by it's native System Settings app) exclusively for Unity shell, avoiding more global settings.
JohnnyW

Post by JohnnyW »

Strange. I'm a leftie and I never knew that some of us switched the buttons around!