Labyrinth of Time

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

melrose

Labyrinth of Time

Post by melrose »

I couldn't finish 'Labyrinth of Time'. Every time I tried to open the metal door with the screwdriver the game freezes up (no mouse, no keyboard control).

I tested: ScummVM 1.8.0 + Linux, ScummVM 1.8.0 + Win 7
:cry:
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Hi, this is very important for us to fix this.

Could you please follow instructions here and provide more information in a bugreport?

Eugene
melrose

LoT

Post by melrose »

I won't create a Source-Forge account, but here are my informations:

ScummVM version: 1.8.0
Bug details: game/ScummVM freezes, no mouse, no keyboard control, had to kill the process..
Language of game: English
Version of game: both, original game 1993 (lab) + rerelease 2004 (labwin)
Platform: Linux (Mageia 5) on Intel Core i3 64bit, Win 7 on Intel Core i5 64 bit
Attach a save game if possible: save games are available, but I'm not able to attach it with this post

-------------------------------

I tried to generate a new save game via DOSBox, but the DOS and the ScummVM save games seem NOT to be compatible.
It didn't success.
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Re: LoT

Post by tsoliman »

melrose wrote:I won't create a Source-Forge account
Why?
melrose

Post by melrose »

I - for my part - never need a Source-Forge account; I'm NOT a developer; I'm just a 54 years old player, who doesn't offer his private data to any company if that isn't absolutley necessary.

I played the game, I didn't finish it, it provided you with information - and now it's your part if you like it!

Cheers!
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

I'm sorry, but your posts are confusing:

- You want to help us fix a bug, but you are not willing to spend a couple of minutes to create an account and provide a saved game
- You mention that you are not a developer, but being a developer is not relevant to the creation of a sf.net account
- I'm not sure what kind of private data you are not willing to share... a username? an e-mail? There are tons of disposable e-mail services out there, if you don't wish to use your personal one
- You mention that you've played the game with ScummVM, but you're somehow trying to mix saved games from the original interpreter and DOSBox... why?

In short: we'd love to help you, but, we've spent a considerable amount of our free time to get this (and other) games working and supported under ScummVM. If you're not willing to spend a couple of minutes to create an account and upload a saved game, I'm afraid we can't help you, since you're just pushing us to replay the whole game just to fix a specific bug.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

So we got no saved game for this. I found some free time and I've played the game up to that point, so this bug should be fixed now.