It is Time to Test ScummVM 1.8.1 Release

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

It is Time to Test ScummVM 1.8.1 Release

Post by sev »

Since the 1.8.0 release we've been very busy with fixing small and big bugs in the newly supported engines, and now we are almost ready to present you the result in a form of the ScummVM 1.8.1.

Please, help us to test a few games, especially those which were not touched for a long time, or those which have significant changes in their engine. We prepared a short list on our wiki.

Also from now on we encourage you to test any game which we support and report any bugs or your success on the forum so we can keep track of current state of affairs in the ScummVM Land.

For testing the pre-release you need to download a daily build of ScummVM. If you spot some glitches or bugs, please report them on our bug tracker. If everything went smoothly, please report your success in this topic, and we will instantly reflect it on the wiki (yes, you can be famous for your testing efforts!) You can find a guide on how to test a new release here.

A few games are still missing screenshots. Please help up complete our gallery.
Last edited by sev on Wed May 25, 2016 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaiavi

Post by chaiavi »

Droole

Post by Droole »

ScummVM 1.9.0git1746-gc18c227 (May 8 2016 05:07:29)
Future Wars (Sony CD version/DOS/English (US)

I started playing Future Wars on that version of ScummVM, but there's a lot of audio bugs. Like too many to count. Sometimes sound effects won't play, sometimes there's loud noises playing constantly that aren't supposed to.

If I play it in ScummVM 1.8.0 the audio works fine.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Droole wrote:ScummVM 1.9.0git1746-gc18c227 (May 8 2016 05:07:29)

I started playing Future Wars on that version of ScummVM, but there's a lot of audio bugs. Like too many to count. Sometimes sound effects won't play, sometimes there's loud noises playing constantly that aren't supposed to.

If I play it in ScummVM 1.8.0 the audio works fine.
Please file a bug report.
Droole

Post by Droole »

LordHoto wrote:Please file a bug report.
Sourceforge gave me adware last year. I'm never visiting that website again, not even to file bug reports
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

Droole wrote:ScummVM 1.9.0git1746-gc18c227 (May 8 2016 05:07:29)

Could you give a specific example or two at least? preferably near the start of the game.